Fall (A Twilight FanFiction)

Taken directly from MY FanFiction.Net account. Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If one person forgets where and who she is, do the others that are around her forget as well?

So goes the story for Isabella Swan, or Bella for short. In one day she went from happy teenager, to forgotten face in the crowd. In one day she went from hugging the one man she'd ever love, to holding onto memories and mental photographs of a love now dead and gone.

Lucky for Bella, she wasn't completely forgotten by everyone. Esme Cullen, the mother of her beloved Edward, had been at her side physically and emotionally. For a woman who had to bury one of her five children, she didn't let the emotional pain show on her delicate facial features. She had always been a source of love and motherly affection for Bella when they first met after she moved to Forks from Arizona; and it was very clear that Esme was happy to be such a figure in Bella's life.

Carlisle Cullen, the father of he Cullen family, had been a staunch figure in Bella's time of need. He would reassure her that Edward went peacefully and he didn't suffer much longer than he had. He told her multiple times that Edward had lived a long, very long, life full of happiness and treasured memories. There were times when he would hold her in his arms and whisper sweet memories of Edward into her ear as she fell into dreamless sleeps of nothing but memories.

Rosalie and Alice were like the sisters that Bella had never had. Alice, peppy and always happy had become her best friend almost instantly. The pixie-like girl was Bella's complete opposite, but she was everything that Bella would ever need in a friend and a sister. Rose, the harder to impress girl of the family was now Bella's friend and mental support. She didn't let the fact that Edward was dead change her mind about Bella as a person and a member of their family. Everything up until now had happened on its own accord; especially Rose coming to terms with Edward's love for a human-now-Vampire.

Emmet and Jasper were Bella's brothers and protectors. Emmet, the oldest and the biggest of the three brothers was Bella's ever present physical support. If there was someone that she needed a hug from, Emmet was always there to provide support for her in her greatest time of need. The bear of the family, he was also a very loving person when you broke through his tough exterior. Jasper, the youngest of the brothers was the logical and quiet one of the family. Bella would go to him with questions of the afterlife and Vampire rebirths. It wasn't uncommon for her to be questioning, as for being an incredibly new Vampire, and young as well, her questions were always answered with happiness and care: one never knew when an emotionally distressed person could finally snap.

Bella held onto her daughter, Renesmee, as she sat on the couch and looked out the window. There were tear marks on her cheeks and her eyes were red and puffy from crying and a lack of sleep, but she didn't bother to care about her physical appearance. Esme, who had been watching Bella for some time, walked into the living room and gently took Renesmee out of her mother's arms. Bella turned her head to look at Esme and whispered a silent 'thank you' before she walked upstairs to put Renesmee down for her nap.

As the older woman walked back down the stairs, she looked back towards Bella and noticed that the poor girl had finally fallen into a deep sleep from exhaustion. She smiled and walked over to Bella with a blanket that she'd pulled off of the back of the couch and draped it over Bella's sleeping form, careful not to disturb her.

She stood back up and smiled sadly down at Bella, who was curled into a ball holding onto a pillow that was once sitting next to her. Ever since Edward's death, the poor girl had been going around looking like a ghost; there was no way that she would ever get over the fact that Edward had died in her arms. She looked to the sky outside of the window and sighed.