How can someone read the Qur'an and still remain a non-believer?

There are many reasons as to why someone would still remain a non-believer!

Let me see if I can quickly list some down:

1) Maybe the person isn't impressed by the divine wisdom of wife beating? (Qur'an 4:34) 

2) Maybe the person isn't impressed by the Qur'an saying that birds can fly without falling because Allah holds them up in the sky? (Qur'an 16:79) 

3) Maybe the person doesn't like threats of violence being issued to them should they be critical of what's written in that book? (Qur'an 4:56) 

4) Maybe the person doesn't like the idea of giving a girl 50% less inheritance as her brother simply because of her gender. (Qur'an 4:11) 

5) Maybe the idea that it takes two women to be as intellectually sound as one man is too absurd for them? (Qur'an 2:282) 

6) Maybe the idea of sexual slavery of female prisoners makes them want to projectile vomit after reading such a suggestion? (Qur'an 4:24 , 33:50) 

7) Maybe they don't accept the ownership of another human being to begin with? (Qur'an 24:32) 

8) Maybe they don't appreciate the dehumanizing and prescribed persecution of gay people? (Qur'an 7:80–84, 4:16) Maybe amputating hands of thieves seem rightly barbaric and inhumane to them? (Qur'an 5:38)

My point is that a lot of us try to move forward with time, not backwards. We try to learn from those who are more knowledgeable/intelligent than us or are better people than us. Considering just the few examples I've provided above, that doesn't seem to work well with the Qur'an.

I don't understand why one would think that after reading the work of an author who is evidently morally and intellectually inferior to me, I'd start worshiping them.

- Salman Khan