Chapter 6

Jeremy comes and sits next to me."Now you can tell me where you live. Better yet, I'll walk you home. Do you have any hormone-crazed sisters?""No." Is all I say. "Great!" He exclaims. I laugh and get off the bus and he follows me. "So, about Friday-"I interrupt,"Let me guess,you don't want to come over now,do you?" "Of course I would still like to come over,I had just wondered if it was okay with you."He said, shyly."Oh. Okay!" I cheer. my day keeps getting better. After I open the door, I ask him,"Would you like to come in?" "Okay, thank you." He says politely, and walks in. I throw my bag on the floor and siit in the kitchen. I grab an apple and start chewing. Jeremy takes an apple and sits in the seat next to me. He takes a bite and asks me,"So, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a boyfriend?" He blushes tomato red. It was adorable. "umm, no. I don't. Why?" I ask,curiosty getting the best of me. "Well, your super pretty and nice. You're smart too." He says looking away, his face getting redder. As if it's contagious i feel heat rising in my cheeks. We lock eyes and my mouth goes dry. After what seems like centuries, we break eye contact. He coughs and I open my mouth when the front door opens. "Shit-taki mushrooms" I say, catching my curse word. My parents walk in the kitchen. My Mom smiles and my Dad forces one, clearly mad about the boy standing next to me. My Mom breaks the silence. "So V, you got yourself a new friend. What's his name" I put my head in my hands and my Dad glares at Jeremy. "Uhh, my name is Jeremy. It's a pleasure to meet you." Jeremy says, shyly. My Mom makes it worse. "I love your name!I can't believe V finally got a boyfriend. And he's cute! I'm so proud honey!" My Dad shoots death glares at Jeremy and scowls at me. I quickly butt in, "Mom, Dad, we aren't dating. We're just friends. Right Jeremy?" I think I see some sort of emotion cross Jeremy's face, but he quickly hides it. "Absolutely. Just friends. Nothing less, and Nothing more." My Dad loosens up a bit. "Well, I'm glad. Vanessa hasn't had a friend in a while. This will be a nice change." Jeremy looks at me questioningly, and I look away. Tonight will be a long night.