The Dream / The Astral Plane

I never remember my dreams so vividly. Normal, memorable dreams would keep me excited in the day and I would forget all about them at night.

This dream though – was one that even at night – even now, I remember most details of.

I had read about the great Indian saint Neem Karoli Baba – he who was so loving and helped many westerners along their spiritual path, was visited (when he was alive) by Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Ram Dass, and Dr Larry Brilliant (cured smallpox in India) among many other spiritual seekers.

I had read about all he had done, how magical he was – that he could churn miracles out every day, make people cry by telling them all about their past, even bit of their past they haven't told anyone. But almost everyone who had the opportunity to sit by his feet would tell you the greatest miracle was the miracle of his love. Even sceptical me opened my heart to him.

He had left his physical body around the year 1973 and since then there were accounts of him visiting people in their dreams and people described his appearance as extremely calming and loving.

I wished he would visit me in my dreams one day.

I slept that night, Sunday 11 Feb in my room, and in my dream, I was in India (I had never been to India) and I was sitting beneath Sri Siddhi Ma – this incredible woman who had helped looked after all of Neem Karoli Baba's temples and ashrams after he had passed on, receiving her darshan because she was a saint in her own right.

Darshan is when a saint comes out into the open and lets anyone in the area have a great look at him/her – In India looking at a saint means you receive their blessing.

I was looking at Siddhi Ma, sitting by other devotees and then I looked away from her for a while. A while later someone tapped me on my shoulder, I looked up and there was Siddhi Ma. She looked at me, then came so close to my face that I recoiled. I quickly understood what she meant and opened my heart – I went in to kiss Siddhi Ma's lips and immediately i slipped into samadhi. It was like I was in normal consciousness, and then with that kiss it was as if my head was suddenly 1000 metres underwater – pure silence, pure... nothingness. Pure joy. Pure appreciation. I woke up from my samadhi a few times (all during the dream) and always managed to slip back into samadhi.

And that's the end of the story of my nicest but weirdest dream ever. I guess Neem Karoli Baba did visit me and grant me my wish even without me asking. I had always wanted to experience samadhi.

"Since the time that Maharaji (Neem Karoli Baba) left His body, He started manifesting more and more through Siddhi Ma's transmission. She conveyed the love that Maharaji is; she was an extension of that unconditional love. We in the satsang will throw off our attachments and meet Her in Her true self, the Soul. For those that felt protected by Her, that protection will continue. We all remain under Her umbrella of Grace. It was clear to me that when Maharaji left His body He was ever present. And in this same way, I feel joyful for this transition of Siddhi Ma. Although, Her name means Mother of Spiritual Power, for all of us, Her spiritual family, She is simply Ma." 

- Ram Dass, 28 Dec 2017.

Sri Siddhi Ma had left her body 1 and a half months earlier on December 28, 2017.