Chap. 01 | Crossing Paths

The main female character in the photo section!  

Enjoy reading!

------------★☆★------------

Scrolling through my social media feed, I looked at the picture of a llama in sunglasses where a white text read "no llama drama". I soon realized it actually was a video so I pressed play and the llama was now doing some sort of sketchy but catchy dance. Now, this almost broke my poker face, but it wasn't until I scrolled down to the next video that I actually cracked a little laugh.

 Now, this almost broke my poker face, but it wasn't until I scrolled down to the next video that I actually cracked a little laugh

It was a Friday night. It had already been a whole two weeks since I moved in with my aunt and I honestly couldn't ask for more. She has been so kind to me and really was doing her best to make me feel welcomed, and I did. The moments she was here had been great, we even sat down to watch a movie last week. In addition to that, we went shopping together one day because my wardrobe was obviously lacking after the move, something Anna had taken a notice to right away. She helped me pick a few stuff out and she insisted on paying for it all. To think I would be this spoiled, I started to feel like a burden more than a guest. I had to pay her back for all her kindness someday.

All in all, I was really happy to get to live here with her, the only downside was that she worked all the time.

I had the tv on and was sitting comfortably on her black leather sofa. An episode of Friends was playing in the background as I kept on scrolling through my feed and a notification popped up. A message from Anna. I let out a sigh. She won't be coming home today either.

I put my phone back on the coffee table in front of me. I sank down a little more in the sofa, feeling tired. I was slowly falling asleep when my phone buzzed again. I groaned out as I lifted my head to glare at it, annoyed that someone had interrupted my almost-sleep.

But that feeling slowly went away the second I opened the message. It was from Emma.

Emma used to be my best friend, or so I thought. Her true colors came out the second Mason died, one after the other. She was my best friend but also my brother's girlfriend. I know how that sounds, but back then I was happy that two people that I loved were together.

I opened the message and felt immediate disgust rise within me. She sent me a picture of her making out with Nate. My ex-best friend and my ex-boyfriend, eating each other up. I looked at the picture...

Looks like I'll be needing a drink.

I looked at the clock, it was 9.15 pm. I got out of the sofa and went up to my room, quickly changing to a pair of tight fitted jeans with a leather belt and a basic black T-shirt that I tucked into my jeans. I put my wavy brown hair into a high ponytail on top of my head. Going into the bathroom, I added a little bit of blush to my pale face and a bit of color to my lips. My lashes were naturally long and curled so I skipped the mascara. But as I studied my eyes, I saw that they looked cold and distant. I tried to smile in the mirror but the smile was pathetic, it couldn't convince a living soul even if my life depended on it. I rolled my eyes at my reflection. I don't get why I even care. Pitiful, really