District 4 Reapings (Lilly and Aster)

District 4 Reapings

Lilly Chrome POV

I sat quietly eating with my mother and father inside our small house. "Are you ready to leave?" My dad asked. No. I wasn't ready to leave. I only nodded and stood up smoothing my light blue sundress down. "Don't worry about a thing Lilly, they won't pick you." My mom gave me a reassuring smile. Yeah right. You can never be too sure of what's going to happen. "Bye mom and dad." I hugged them both then exited the house.

I walked slowly thinking about... well everything. I was getting pretty deep in my thoughts till my only friend Allika tugged on my arm. "Hey!" She smiled at me. I tried to smile back, but it was pointless. She signed. "Thinking bout Ricka?" She asked me. I hated it when people asked me that. I gave her a sharp look. "Look, I don't want to think about him, so I don't want to be talking about him. So just shut up!" I yelled at her, and right after I said I regret it. She stopped talking. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you.. it's just..." I told her, but she cut me off. "It's alright. I understand." She told me. I still feel bad for what I said. I wish I never said it. We walked in silence for the rest of the way.

"Really… I am sorry I yelled." I looked at her. "It's okay, I know you didn't mean it." She gave me a hug. See what these stupid games do to everyone! "Are you scared?" She asked dropping the subject from before. "Sorta." I shrugged. I didn’t want her to know that I wanted to volunteer for the sake of my dead brother. "How bout you?" I asked her. "Yeah" She nodded and continued walking.

We got to town center just in time. Though we had to hurry when they pricked our fingers. Allika freaked out about it, as always. "It's okay." I whispered to her. She just nodded and let them prick her. We went to our sections, and waited. Our escort who was purple and looked like she was wrapped in ribbons came onto the podium. "Hello district 4." She said and at the end of the sentence she clicked her tongue. "Well, let's watch the amazing clip the capitol has brought for you." She told us, and so we did. It was the same one we always watch. I noticed people getting tenser. The moment has come.

Aster O'Hara POV

I was awoken by someone jumping on me giggling like a maniac. I quickly pushed the older girl off of me. "Good morning Jenna." I smiled at the girl "Morning Aster! Todays the big day.” She screeched. Rolling my eyes I sat up. “Don’t remind me.” Running my fingers threw my smooth dark hair I sighed standing up offering the girl my hand pulling her up as well. She had a pout on, probably worried. She was older than me but she didn’t act like it.

"Come on, let's go eat." I told her. That cheered her up. We went down to the kitchen, setting down to eat. My mother gave me a orange, which I took. Jenna took a piece of buttered bread. "You scared?" My mother asked. I shook my head no. "That's good." She said while I ate my orange.

"Just stick with your fellow District 4 tribute and you'll be fine sweetie." My mother smiled. Hmm… I wonder what girl will be picked for the reaping. Hopefully she wasn't annoying. I pondered for a while, suddenly my train of thought was broken by Jenna. "I bet the girl will be really stupid and frilly.” Jenna commented. Oh gosh, lets hope not. Standing up and stretched then walked to my room to find me something to wear.

I dig around my closet looking for something. I didn't really care how I look, but I wanted the capitol to like me. I found my mother favorite dress shirt. I throw it on, and put on some okay looking pants. I look myself over and see the shirt makes me look.. well amazing. I run my fingers through my hair, and walk out my door. Jenna is dressed in purple dress. "You look nice Aster." She smiled. I just gave her a nod.

"Come on I'll walk with you to check in." She said as mom came out and signaled for use to go ahead and leave. We all walked together down the street. I turned over to my left to see my best friend Jacob Kester coming over to us. "Hey Aster!" he smiled at me "Hey Jacob, you ready for the reaping?" I asked him. "Ready as I'll ever be I guess." He sighed and continued walking with us.

“Good luck.” Jenna gave me a faint smile then stood off to the side letting Jacob and me pass.

Our escort who was orange and looked like she was wrapped in ribbons came onto the podium. "Hello district 4." She said and at the end of the sentence she clicked her tongue. "Well, let's watch the amazing clip the capitol has brought for you." She told us, and so we did. It was the same one we always watch. Yawning boredly I decided one thing. I’m going to volunteer.

“Lets pick our girl shall we.” Putting her hand in the bowl she opened her mouth to speak the name of the poor little girl that would be chosen but another interrupted her. “I VOLUNTEER.” A girl with a blue dress on and long blonde hair stepped forward with a blank face.

“Then come right up!” the escort named Foxy I think, cheered happily motioning for her to walk up the steps. Coming onto the stage you could get a better view of the girl. She was tall, strongly built and not bad looking. ”Name dear.” Foxy asked “Lilly Chrome.” The girl answered. Hey I’ve heard that last name before I think.”Oh my, are you Ricka Chrome’s sister?” That’s who she was! Oh shit. Lilly looked pissed now. “Yes. And I’m going to win this thing for my dead brother!” She cheered.

 Foxy quickly looked away from her, probably feeling bad that she mentioned such a terrible thing. I could tell Lilly was going to be tough competition.  “Now for the boys.” She went to the bowl calling out some random kid’s name. “I Volunteer.” I boomed. I needed to make myself look intimidating so the other tributes wouldn’t think I was an easy kill.

“Come!” She smiled. I could tell that Foxy was irritated with all of the outbursts but she didn’t dare voice it. Coming up on stage I stood next to Lilly. “Shake hands you two!” Foxy ordered. Taking her hand in mine we both looked at the crowed. I will be a winner for my mom and sister. “The District 4 tributes of the 88th annual Hunger Games!”

______________________________________________________________________

To make up for my jerkness I will be posting a lot this week!! So OH YESSS!!! :D

Also I totally think I did a sucky job on this reaping. I'm so sorry :(

If you haven't checked out my new point system then you probably should.

So what do you guys think about Aster and Lilly?

I feel really bad about what happened to Lilly's brother!!! Awww! :(

Good luck you two.

Here's the trivia question: Who was the first person to die after the Cornucopia incident in the 74th hunger games?

Remember if you don't comment you get in the bloodbath!!

Comments?

Like. Love. Hate.

-AllyLovesU xxx