Dreaming

Hello readers! It's BFW here and back on the grid, sorry I haven't uploaded a chapter in a while, but I'm back. So here is the next chapter, hope it was worth the wait!

BFW OUT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

Brandon and I got to the hospital at the same time, he is wearing black flannel pajama pants, an unzipped black hoodie, showing his white under armor shirt, and red ASICs. I feel immediately envious as I realize that I should have at least put my sweatshirt on. I shiver and rub my arms vigorously, trying to warm them up. Brandon takes one look at me and throws his hoodie at me. "It looks like you need it more than I do." he says and I nod. I start sprinting as I remember what I came here for, I run through the front door and up the stairs, figuring it would be faster when I reach his room I see him sleeping, the vulnerability that has been on his face was gone. I see him smile a little bit and I cover my mouth and start to cry, Brandon enters he room looking like he ether wanted to hug James or strangle him. "Oh. My. God. Your alive!" is all he says instead. A second passes and the building starts to shake. James jumps out of the hospital bed and covers us, I am glad it is dark because my face could not have been redder. The ceiling starts to cave in and I look at James, his eyes are none of his colors, there isn't a trace of blue, gold, or red. They are silver and black, and they create a ying-yang pattern. Then there is the horrifying sound of skin ripping and bones cracking and two wings, one black as a cloudy midnight without a moon, and it's companion, white as fresh fallen snow, both covered in blood, unfold from James's back, splattering fresh blood on the walls. I see a glint of white and heard James mumble something like "It's good to be the middle man" and I black out.

When I come to we are under a pile of rubble, I can feel James's skin against mine, my breath hitches and I slowly remember the previous events, the only thing that keeps repeating are his eyes and his wings. James's mint smelling breath lightly touches my face every once in a while, and I feel the ground shake every so often. *This is probably the closest I'll ever be to him* I think. After a few more minutes he stands up, throwing the rubble off his back, and, essentially, off us. I curl up in a ball and proceed to rock back and forth. "Rachel, are you O.K?" James asks. I cant even nod I am so scared. "Devon! Dylan! Come here please!" he shouts and two more people with wings appear as soon as he finished. The one on the left looks almost like him and James could be twins, but he is blank, he looks passive and far away, the way James looks when he has gold eyes. His wings are like James's left wing and he has silver eyes. The one on the right looks vaguely like James and looks... Almost... Familiar. I swear I've seen him before, but I can't place where I've seen him. His wings are as white, if not whiter than, James's right wing. His eyes are sky blue, almost like Hi-Def sky blue. He towers over the dark angel and James. "What?" they answer at the same time, sounding like this one Anime I saw once. "Must you two ALWAYS do that?" James asks and starts to walk away, for some reason I can't  hear them past what James said after he asked. "Never mind, don't answer that." is what he said. A few seconds later I hear him cry out.  "WHY! WHY GOD! WHY HER!!!! No Catherine. It's all my fault. If I wasn't so careless... I could've saved you...... I COULD'VE SAVED YOU!" and he falls to his knees, crying in agony of loosing someone so dear to him. I feel so bad. Maybe if I had called her she would have been safe. I look at Brandon and know he was thinking the same thing.

        The two angels take the opportunity to introduce themselves. The dark one comes over to me and smiled carelessly. "My name's Devon." he laughs out and I resist the urge to slap him. He reaches out his hand. I force out a smile and grab his hand. "My name is Rachel Longsword, yea I know, 'what a strange last name' but it's my moms so..." I introduce myself. Instead of shaking my hand he draws it towards his lips and kisses my knuckels, I feel blood rush to my face. "Pleased to make your acquaintance." he says in a seductive purr as he lets go of my hand. "The p-pleasure's all m-mine." I stammer dizzily. At that moment the big angel comes up and hits Devon in the back of the head. "I told you not to use your seduction techniques on human teenagers. Damn it Devon, don't you listen?" He says with a deep, joyous voice. Devon smiles sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. "Sorry Dylan, I just couldn't help it. I mean, just look at her!" he exclaims and gestures at me with both arms. "She's so damn HOT!" I smile, my face flush. *so THIS is what it's like to be drunk?* I think to myself. "Can you stop making her blush?" Dylan asks Devon. "She looks like she painted her face." Devon smiles a half smile, showing his gleaming white, extremely sharp looking, canine. He looks just like James. "You know I can't, I don't have full control of this. I just learned it, what, a hundred years ago?" I stand shocked at that, they don't look more than twenty maybe twenty-five. I immediately stop blushing and feel the blood drain from my face, my hands start to shake. "H-How old ARE you?" I ask and quickly covered my mouth. "Did I really just say that out loud?" I ask sheepishly. Devon, who looked shocked that I had broken out of his trance so quickly, just smiles and shakes his head. "My, my. We have a strong one here. Don't we Dylan?" He says an looks at Dylan. "Yup. Just right for our little bro. 'Cause right now he doesn't have time for phycological romance." Dylan answers. Devon just rolls his silver eyes. I walk over to James, ignoring the two of them. I remember freshmen year, it was the year that his dad, who was in the same squad as my dad, went MIA, along with my dad. Captured by Japanese spies was what the message said. His reaction was exactly like this, and since I was the only one who was going through the same thing we comforted each other. After a few seconds he stops crying and dries his eyes with the heal of his hand.

      "You're right Rachel, besides, I can't let Catherine die in vain. I need to find who killed her and show him who's boss." He looks around at the rubble as he stands up. I didn't say anything though, I thought it. What's going on?

   "Umm... James. We need to get you some clothes." Brandon points out to him.

"Well Brandon, I don't suppose you would know anything about that." he castigates him sarcastically. He turns back to the angels and they were holding some clothes. Devon holds two silky looking shirts, and Dylan holds up two army pants, James takes a shirt and a pair of pants from each of them.

"Dashing." Brandon scratched his chin. His shirt and pants are a metallic black that catches light and throws it back in a mirage of different colors.  His wings spread out in angelic fashion. 

"Awwww, you look sooooooooooo hot!" I yelp and jump on his back, carful to avoid his wings. He winces but doesn't cringe. He asked Devon for, who holds up A pair of black combat boots. Now James looks like a freaking Ninja Angel, he is so hot. He pushes me up a little higher on his back and starts to walk along a road, while he was walking he rambled off a list of things we need. I forgot I stayed up all night so I let out a little yawn and laid my head in the crook of James's neck. He is so warm... I could just... Fall... Asleep.

       I dream of nothing, pure pitch black, then a small blue flame. As it gets closer I see more distinguishing characteristics, first It takes the shape of a person, then muscles and other small details form, all engulfed in flames. It's face is shrouded in bright, bright, blue flames. Yet I can tell it's a man. Finally white wings, bathed in blue fire slowly unfold from his back. A smaller red flame appears and under takes a similar change, yet it remains smaller than it's male counterpart, then the final details form and I can tell it is female. Yet she is almost the exact opposite of her male counterpart. Yet the way he holds her shows their immense love for each other. They turn their heads to me and smiled, because their flames cover only their eyes I can see their smiles.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"We are the embodiment of your love. The parents of your desire." they say in unison as a small circler window, outlined in the respective color flames as the angels appears to their left. James appears in it laughing with Devon on his left and Dylan behind them, messing up both of their hair.

"Those three are our sons, our seeds in spirit and in blood. Devon and Dylan are the angels of life and death respectively, and we couldn't be more proud of them. And James, the only Guardian Angel to learn at the feet of the seven Archangels in the history of eternity, known as the "Deadly Trio" to demons. Do you know the reason James hasn't recognized you as a lover?" the woman asks and I blush fiercely.

"No, I don't know why he can't see that I like him." I say honestly, for some reason I trust these people.

"It is not because he can not see it, it is because he was born to bear the responsibility of the world on his shoulders, for his earthly twin Catherine, is the savior of this failing world. He cannot bear the thought of loosing someone so dear to him as you. Be assured, he does love you, to the core of his soul, but he will not accept something as that yet, but you can change that." she explains as she walks towards me, and as she finishes she puts a hand over my heart. Pain over takes me, but it is a good pain, the kind that is like removing a barbed hook from your side. When she removes her hand I feel lighter.

"You have our blessing." the male said and I woke up to James' worried face hovering over me.