Chapter One- Is This A Nightmare?

Lorraine's POV

I pressed play and the flat screen TV started playing the movie, It took us a while but we finally decided on 'Role Models'.

"Come On Em! It's starting!" My sister Jennifer yelled up the stairs to our other sister Emma.

Emma thumped down the stairs and into the living room, Her hair was a mess and mascara stained her cheeks.

Her boyfriend. Well ex-boyfriend had dumped her.

I patted the seat next to me on the dark leather couch and she plopped next to me with a box of tissues and a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream, Phish Food flavour.

"Forget Brody! He was an ass anyway! We live in Miami! There's plenty of other guys!" Jennifer said rubbing her knee.

"I guess..." Emma muttered, her mouth full of chocolate fish and marshmallows.

"Now let's forget about Brody and watch the movie!" I said pointing at the TV.

"Cause I can't get you on the telephone, So close your eyes, Well Honey here comes a lullaby-" Emma jumped off the couch and ran into the kitchen and grabbed her phone off the kitchen countertop.

"Ugh! I thought I was Brody!"

Jen and I rolled our eyes.

Emma answered "Hello?"

"Emma Andrews?" A voice asked.

"This is she, Who's this?"

"I'm Rose, A nurse at St.John's general hospital." She paused "It's about your parents Phillip and Carmen."

"Are they ok?" Emma asked leaning against the kitchen counter.

"What's going on?" Jennifer and I asked repeatedly.

"They were in a car accident. You and your sisters must come down here immediately."

Emma nodded "Ok, We'll be down there soon." She hung up.

Emma's POV

No.

No. This isn't happening.

"Em, What's wrong?" Lorraine asked.

"Mom and Dad...were in an accident...They're in hospital." I croaked.

My sisters and I rushed out the door and drove to St. John's

*******

"Phillip and Carmen Andrews." Jennifer said to the receptionist.

"Room 208. Third floor." She didn't bother looking up at us.

We sprinted down the hall to the elevator,

"Hold that door!" Lorraine yelled sprinting towards it, Jennifer and I at her heels.

A middle-aged man wearing a pin striped suit stuck his hand out stopping it from closing.

"Thanks." Lorraine mumbled and pressed the floor number. When the lift stopped we ran out and searched for the room.

"208!" I said finding it, We barged in.

The nurse gave me a weird look.

Shit.

I just realised I was wearing a pair of TOMS, checked pyjama pants and a t-shirt with a panda on it.

A curtain was surrounding the hospital beds.

"Excuse me?" I tapped the nearest nurse on the shoulder.

She smiled warmly at us, "Can I help you?" She asked .

"Can we see Phillip and Carmen? They're our parents." Lorraine explained to her.

"I was informed they had four daughters." She replied puzzled.

FUCK! FUCK! AND FUCK!

We forgot Michéla! She was at the beach with her friend Chloe and Melissa.

A nurse called Michéla and she arrived 10 minutes later.

She was dressed in a teal blue bikini and denim shorts. She ran over to us, "Guys! How are mom and dad?" She turned to one of the nurses "How are my parents? Are they ok?"

The nurse hesitated, "I'm afraid Phillip and Carmen were in a head-on collision with another vehicle, They were both killed instantly, We brought them here to check if we could do anything but it was too late."

I fell to the ground numb.

I couldn't say anything.

I couldn't cry.

I couldn't think.

The nurse gave us a while to calm down before she came over to us again.

"Did Phillip or Carmen have a brother or sister you could live with?" She asked.

"Ya...Dad had a brother, Trevor Andrews." Michéla whispered.

The nurse scurried over to her computer "Aha!" She exclaimed, making us all look up, "Trevor James Andrews, brother of Phillip David Parker. He currently lives in..London!"

"We're moving to London?" I asked.