Chapter 1 (Back to School)

*Monday*

Amanda

           It's the first day back to school, and I'm so nervous! As I get up from my bed I brush my teeth, hair, and do my makeup. I take 10 minutes to pick out my outfit. I normally don't try and dress cute, but it's the first day back, so why not?! I walk into the kitchen to get a granola bar because knowing my family, breakfast isn't ready till I leave the house. My mom was up, which was a big surprise to me. I see Dad on the couch asleep, some people probably think that's weird but honestly it's pretty normal. Anyways, I grab my granola bar and wait for the bus. When ever the bus arrives I can see people watching and gossiping about me, it's pretty normal but also kinda sad. My house is 15 minutes away from the school, which is why I'm always picked up last. When your last there are no seats, so I have to squeeze into a seat with Lucy and Bailey. It might not sound bad but there popularity scale is all the way down the drain. Now I'm not somebody to care about popularity, but I already get made fun of too much so this just adds on to it. It also doesn't help when Rick's group is calling me names and cussing at me. 

            You're probably wondering who I'm talking about, well I'm about to tell you. Rick is the most popular boy ever and his girlfriend Ronnie, yeah well, she's only popular because of him. There's also Troy, Veronica, Jimmy, Abby, Cade, Lexi, and Brady. I've known all of them since 3rd grade, except Brady. Brady came here last year; he started as an unpopular, then people found out that his dad was actually a doctor. After that he became best friends with Rick and that's when the popularity formed. I snapped out of my trance because Lucy was shoving me to get off the bus. This was my first year being in high school and all I could smell was drama. As I walked down the halls people were looking at me, it was very creepy. I get to my class and of course the worst people ever are in it. Jimmy and Lexi were in my class, but I wasn't worried about them because all they do is make out in the corner of the class. However I was worried about Brady, luckily Rick was in a different class. Brady was talking to Jimmy and Lexi and also a bunch of "fans". After a couple of minutes I realized that I had never really talked to anyone over there. Anyway, the day went on, and the last bell rung to go home. When I got home, I went to my room to check twitter and there was this one tweet that everyone was disliking, commenting and sharing. It said, "Amanda Gilbert begs Rick Lockwood for the d, just to be popular." I was appalled, who would do this?!

Author's Note: Last book that I will be writing for now. I know it's a lot but I really got inspired to write this book. I hope you enjoy it byyyeeee!!!