Xyro

Centuries past,
I have watched the great many changes on Earth.

Have helped protect several tribal artifacts.

Have kept them away safely to my hideout too.

But there was a point when I could not find a particular mischievous imp I accidentally met many, many, years ago.

War was common, famine was ever present. Not to mention, little to large conflicts were here and there, everywhere. Natural disasters were no exception.

So it was common to find extreme people or otherwise fanatics to relieve their own mind. One of such cases is blaming miraculous medicines or strange symptoms to witchcraft. No need for further investigation and simply burn the suspect to a stake.

Ignorance can be a bliss. Certainly not for the victims.

So one time, I took a glance to a little imp. She was layered with thick miasma that I thought she would never survive another day.

I thought she was your common evildoer just for fun. Only, I later found out she was not only causing plague for fun.

Sometimes, history changes based on who makes the last laugh. Her history certainly became dark, very dark, after centuries.

She had a lover. He had fierce gray eyes. They lived in a troubled household with many wives. He took her in, and that was the turning point of her life.

For every wife who miscarried, a finger would be pointed at someone. And because she was youthful and beautiful, stealing every men's eyes, she was blamed for some of the wive's child's death.

She was thrown into intricate plots wherein she could not even find salvation, for what little knowledge she possessed remain inside the kitchen.

She was a very learned cook.

But despite her struggle, the husband did not believe her as well. Majority won, and concluded she was a demon.

She felt betrayed for she had no one else but him. She might have been attractive, but she was also faithful to her belief, which were her loyalty and integrity.

By the time I met her, she was already worn out by resentment, but I couldn't forget the smile she gave me when I simply stole a glance at her.

It was enchantingly beautiful even with the emptiness of her eyes. She glowed with brilliance amongst the sinners.

I expected her to plot her revenge, but when I looked for any trace of her again, I later found she bore all her family's sins, including her husband's.

From human devised plots, came natural disasters. Plague spread and drought arrived. But when she was banished from her husband's home, everyone was saved.

This decision was explicitly declared by the husband himself. But all along, he knew she did nothing wrong. He needed a scapegoat to increase his government ranking. She was the perfect solution, for nobody was on her side.

I heard from the old oak tree behind their house, the husband apparently promised to be with her after some problems were resolved.

And her who was a fool albeit devoted, continued to believe him. Even to the point of helping him resolve his problems.

When there was drought, she made channels for rivers to flow. When there was flood, she protected the surroundings with her plan to increase the number of trees, as well as other sustainable means for survival.

During harvest seasons, she introduced a combination of plants and herbs to scare away the swarms of locusts.

All her work, he received the glory.

But she ended up abandoned, shamed, isolated and betrayed.

When she had enough, many men tried to stop her protest, accidentally killing a great many of them no thanks to his other wicked wives.

And so she was left with nothing but a bad reputation resounding from all corners of the world.

Nobody knew what came of her in the end, but when I met her again, she had lost some of her brilliance.

Still... she looks seemingly adorable. The King of Hell promoted her, but the Celestials in Heaven could not feed her.

She truly only needs some loving and grapes.