chapter 2

"Hope, Jingle, Charity, Noble," Santa Paws called to his puppies. "I suggest you go with Eddy and Eli to school. Now."

"Yes, Dad." The Santa Pups replied.

"Noble, you always get us in trouble." Hope pouted.

The pups soon left for their lesson with Eddy and Eli.

"They're lucky they can just go to school even though they're just dogs, and I'm terrible at doing this." Patch commented.

"Aw, Patch, it's okay..." Santa Paws told him. "Nothing's your fault."

"But I'm the one who taught Noble to be a leader, but I forgot to add in to be a good leader." Patch frowned.

"He'll get the hang of it soon enough, the Santa Pups will grow up," Santa Paws promised. "...At least I hope so when they learn about the Christmas Icicle."

"Which they'll learn today." Patch said.

"That's right, Patch," Santa Paws nodded to him. "It's as simple as The Code of the Elves: 'Treat every day like Christmas, There's room for everyone on the Nice List, and The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear'."

"Nice." Patch smiled.

Santa Paws smiled back.

Mrs. Paws soon came out since she could walk around a lot easier now.

"Good day, Mrs. Paws, how are you?" Patch greeted the new mother.

"Fine, thank you," Mrs. Paws smiled to him. "I guess the pups are in school now?"

"Yep." Patch nodded.

"That should keep them busy a while," Mrs. Paws yawned and stretched. "I'm hearing you'd like to be a father someday?"

"Well, there's this cocker spaniel I've known for quite sometime..." Patch blushed shyly about Colette.

"You must love her." Mrs. Paws smiled.

"I really do..." Patch admitted. "Ever since I first met her when I moved into my boy Atticus's house. Turns out the girlfriend he made is her owner and she's also his friend's new cousin."

"What an amazing turn of events," Mrs. Paws smiled. "Isn't love just lovely? I hope someday the Santa Pups find their own soulmates."

"I'm sure they will someday." Patch smiled.

Mrs. Paws giggled.

"So, how'd you meet her?" Patch smirked to Santa Paws. "I don't remember her from the last time I was here."

"Oh, we should tell him." Mrs. Paws smiled.

"Oh, uh, you think so, dear?" Santa Paws asked his mate.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Mrs. Paws giggled. "He should know."

"Well, okay..." Santa Paws smiled to Patch.

"Tell me everything," Patch smiled back. "I want to know every detail."

Santa and Mrs. Paws chuckled to Patch as they soon told him the story of how they met and came together.

"Dad, don't make it gross." Scruffy groaned.

"Well, all right, I'll just say it was a romantic story." Patch replied.

Dot smiled dreamily to the love story between Santa and Mrs. Paws while Scruffy looked like he was going to be sick.

"I'm sure you can tell why, but I felt really close to Noble," Patch told his puppies. "He reminded me a lot of myself at that age."

"Is it 'cuz of the black spot over his eye?" Dot asked.