Chapter 10: The Library

NOT EDITED.

Antonio P.O.V.

"The patrols didn't find anything, Alpha." One of my commanders reported, standing at attention in front of me. The sweat slowly dripped from his forehead down to his neck, and his breaths were still coming out in short gasps. As soon as I read Sebastian's ultimatum, I had sprung into action. Women and children weren't allowed in the forest anymore, patrols had been increased exponentially, and I had my best minds wracking their brains trying to figure out where Danielle was.

"Thank you Commander Salvador, go get lunch." I dismissed him, walking behind my desk, and sitting down. As I tried to think of where my mate could be, I lost track of time, and I would have stayed in my office all night, if the doors didn't slam open.

"Antonio!" Taylor shouted, causing me to look up at her, "they found another note!"

I got up and ran past her, listening as she shouted for me to get to the front yard. I saw a group of patrolmen standing around something, and I watched as one picked up an object. I ran up to him, and snatched it out of his hands. It was Danielle's right shoe, with a note attached to it.

Riddle me this brother,

Go with Dante to the Seventh Circle,

But only by way of the sea,

Where the welcoming crash,

There will be another clue to find your mate and me.

"Do you understand it sir?" one of the patrolmen asked,

"Not at all," I replied, "Does anyone understand this?" After a chorus of negatives, I began to lose hope until Carlos walked up to me,

"Alpha, I don't understand it, but I know someone who might." I immediately told him to lead the way, and we ran into the pack house, down the corridors, and into the Pack library. The smell of dust and worn paper assaulted my senses, as I looked at our immense library.

"I don't remember it being this big." I stated, Carlos nodding his head in understanding,

"I didn't either, until someone explained to me that the library is a wing that was added to the pack house after it had been built." He motioned for me to follow him, "let's find the librarian." We started to walk down the line of bookshelves, looking down the aisles, until we heard wheels squeaking, a yelp, and a large thud. Carlos took off into a sprint, running in the direction of the noise, as I ran after him.

As we turned the corner, we saw what made the noise. A moving ladder attached the bookshelves had lost one of its wheels, causing it to tip over, a girl who had clearly been on the ladder when it broke, was on the ground, and the box of books she must have been holding had fallen on top of her. Carlos got down and helped her up, and then helped her pick up all the books and put them back into the box.

"Antonio, I'd like you to meet Lauren, Lauren, this is Alpha Antonio." Carlos introduced us, before quickly mind linking me to say, "She doesn't understand English very well."

"Piacere di fare la vostra conoscenza Alpha, c'è qualcosa che posso aiutarti con?" (Pleased to make your acquaintance Alpha, is there something I can help you with?) She asked, her pearly white teeth smiling at me, contrasting to her chocolate brown skin.

"Sono sicuro che siete a conoscenza della situazione che fare con il vostro Luna e Beta, Sebastian mi ha lasciato un enigma di qualche tipo che non possiamo capire. Speravamo che si può essere in grado di capirlo?" (I am sure you are aware of the situation dealing with your Luna and Beta, Sebastian left me a riddle of some sort that we cannot figure out. We were hoping that you might be able to understand it?)

I showed her the note and watched as she read it, her lips moving as she read, silently speaking out the riddle. She looked nervously at Carlos, before he nodded his head in encouragement.

"Sai qualcuno di nome Dante?" (Do you know anyone named Dante?) She asked,

"Non credo così"(I don't believe so) I replied,

"Poi deve significare il poeta!"(Then he must mean the poet!) She exclaimed,

"Naturalmente!" (Of course!) Carlos exclaimed, "Settimo cerchio! Come nel settimo cerchio dell'inferno, in Inferno di Dante!" (The seventh circle! As in the seventh circle of hell, in Dante's Inferno!)

"Ok, quindi il settimo cerchio dell'inferno, cosa che?" (Okay, so the seventh circle of hell, what is that?) I asked Lauren, watching as she ran across the row of books, quickly jumping to grab one, before running past us the opposite direction to lay it on the table. She quickly flipped through the pages until she found whatever she was looking for, making an exclamation of triumph.

"Sarebbe assassini e quelli che si sono suicidati," (That would be murderers and those who committed suicide,) she said.

"ok, quindi per quanto riguarda il resto dell'enigma?"(okay, so what about the rest of the riddle?) Carlos asked, "ma solo la via del mare, dove l'incidente accogliente? Che cosa vuol dire?" (but only by the way of the sea, where the welcoming crash? What does that mean?)

"In mare," (By way of the sea,) I mumbled under my breath, "è così che la persona dovrebbe unirsi Dante! In via del mare!" (that's how the person is supposed to join Dante! By way of the sea!) I exclaimed.

"Questo significa che, ovviamente, il suicidio, perché non credo che avremmo potuto uccidere qualcuno ", per via del mare.""(So that obviously means suicide, because I don't think we could murder someone, "by way of the sea.") Lauren reasoned, "ma per quanto riguarda dove l'incidente accogliente? Questa è la parte che non ha senso?" (but what about where the welcoming crash? That's the part that doesn't make sense?)

"O lo fa?" (or does it?) asked Carlos, "Come si fa il benvenuto a qualcuno? Si onda a loro! Qualora l'incidente accogliente? Ecco dove le onde infrangersi!" (How do you welcome someone? You wave at them! Where the welcoming crash? That's where the waves crash!)

"CLIFF SUICIDIO!" (SUICIDE CLIFF!) We yelled, realizing the location to the next clue.

Don't worry Danielle, I'm coming for you.

Sebastian P.O.V.

"ANTONIO!" I could hear Danielle's screams through the walls as I walked down the hallway,

"Sir! The girl has woken up! You're going to need to send her back into the controlled coma!" my second in command said,

"No," I replied, "I have something else planned for her."

_________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

NEW CHARACTER! what do you think Of Lauren? is she going to play an important part in this book? What's going on with Carlos and her?

Did you like this chapter?

Feel free to comment any ideas or suggestions

Vote if you're awesome,

Comment if you're feeling AMAZING,

and Fan/follow me if you're feeling Awesomely AMAZINGGGG

love you guys soooo much!

Sunny

*The reason i stopped was because i had writer's block, but also because people were taking ideas from me and using them as their own. if that happens again, I will stop, for good. seriously, if you need help writing, just ask, and i will help you create your own work, just dont steal mine!