Chapter 14: I'm Clinically Insane

A/N: Hey guys! (waves) Well, it is nice to be back home from my trip! I went tubing... and fell into the river with freezing cold water... (shivers) I'm so sorry I made you guys wait, but I really hope that this is worth it! But I won't know that unless you comment!!!! :) This chapter was harder for me to write because I ran out of ideas, but I have a few more... so we're good! Okay, LET'S GET READIN'!!!!! :) Enjoy!

      -Jess

      Chapter Fourteen

      I'm Clinically Insane

      I remember when I was about ten, my father used to take me out to the swing in our big backyard. It was attached to this long branch of a huge tree with a wide trunk that not even my father could wrap his arms around. The swing was made from some spare rope and the lid off of an orange bucket. The kind you get at home improvement stores. I remember once my father placed me on that swing and started pushing on my back to get me up in the air as I swung my legs back and forth to propel myself. Well, he accidentally pushed too hard and I didn't hold on tight enough so I went flying, landing on my back. All of the air was knocked out of me as my body made hard contact with the ground. That is how I felt right as I saw Draco in that office. I had to fight to catch my breath, my throat tightening.

      Umbridge simply circled around me, watching as I just stared down Draco. "You belong with us, Kimber. Not with those fools," For some reason, I was pissed off very easily with her.

      "Shut up about them! Don't you dare speak of them like that you two faced bitch!" Just as the words left my mouth, I saw Umbridge raise her wand and mumble something, a red light jetting from her wand tip. An intense pain hit my body, a million knifes cutting into my skin at once. But there were no blades or blood. Someone burning my entire body, but no fire. I let out a horrible scream, like the ones in my nightmares. Thrashing around in the chair, I tried my best to free myself of the torture, but I couldn't get my hands to budge.

      "No! No, stop! Stop hurting her! Please!" Draco pleaded. I saw a couple of guys hold him back as he fought to get to me. Just like in my nightmares... in the hospital. No, this moment cannot become true in any way. The pain just continued, intensifying every second. Draco just kept fighting the arms holding him back, screaming at Umbridge to stop. My brain then just started to malfunction, every thought not making sense. "STOP!" Draco stunned the two boys and Umbridge then broke the connection, the pain stopped.

      "What was that, Mr. Malfoy?" she said, her wand now back to pointing at me. I felt so helpless, the control gone. 

      "I said, stop," Draco stated firmly, coming over to my flimsy body, shielding it with his own. Umbridge dismissed everyone else, including herself, leaving me and Draco alone. He started untying my hands quickly, his fingers shaking. Because of my already weakened state, I tried to stand, but couldn't. My knees just gave out right below me, Draco having to carry me bridal style back to the common room. "Kimber, you need to get some sleep, please," he begged as soon as we got inside the portrait hole. I felt exhausted, but I refused to sleep. I just faced a brief reminder of those damn dreams that just kept plaguing my mind, slowly driving me into insanity. 

      I shook my head, feeling the world spinning around me. "No," I whispered, almost like a plead. But I knew my body just finally broke down because as soon as Draco set me on the couch, my eyes slammed shut and "locked" themselves there. Great, now I am FORCED to watch whatever nightmare comes my way.

      This one was... much more different. It wasn't about me dying or seeing Scorpius, this dream had to be sometime before that. I saw a long and wide table with many chairs lining the edges. The room was huge, the fireplace carved from a gorgeous marble. Flames licked at the wood encased in the stone, setting a slight glow about the room. People seated themselves at the table, all in dark cloaks. Oh no. No, no, no, no! I was now standing in the corner close to the fireplace, squeezing myself into the small space. Amongst these people was a man I hated with a burning passion. Voldemort. His gray skin looked slippery on the surface, his eyes a deep blood red, the pupils slit to look like a snake. He has no nose and his teeth are sharpened like fangs. His fingernails could use some serious manicures, along with his feet. Just looking at him made me want to vomit all over the floor.