Chapter Eight

The rest of the day, I spent in my patio, looking out the shore. Unpacked a few more suitcases. Played with Coco and of course, slept.

I woke up at around six-ish and went to sit on my window bed. I watched as people ran across the beach, having fun. That's when I saw a familiar brown haired guy, standing there, his hands in his pockets looking down at the shore. 

It was Austin.

We were supposed to meet atlike five. I combed my hair quick and went to put on my sandals when I saw the camera lying on the table. I grabbed it and went to get out on the beach.

---

"AUSTIN!", I yelled, panting as I made my way to him.

He hadn't seemed to notice my constant yelling until this yell, 'cause he turned around now. I waved and smiled. 

"You're quite early Nicole.", he said, smiling down at me.

"Saw...ree...", I breathed, my hands on my knees, tired from all the running.

He laughed. "It's okay. I was only here a few minutes ago", He looked at me. "Besides, I like being alone.", he said. 

"But you're always surrounded by people at school. Like always", I blurted. 

He continued looking at me. "Who says I like it?"

I looked back at him and smiled. I knew I could trust him. 

I sighed and looked at the shore. 

"Things have changed for me Austin."

He didn't understand what I was talking about. "What do you mean?"

I looked into his beautiful green eyes and looked away.

"We move around a lot. Move around places, cities and towns. Dad passed away when I was seven. Since then, my mom's been carrying out random, unstable jobs. Every place I went to, I was never accepted. Never had any real friends...a real life...", I said, looking at him. He was listening ; he was watching me intentively. "And then, I moved here. Things changed. I was finally accepted. Made friends...Got Coco..."

He was smiling now and I smiled back.

"And I met you. An amazing real cool friend", I said, nudging him in the stomach. 

"You're amazing."

"I know", I said, while laughing.

"And why are you telling me this?"

I shrugged. "Because I want to."

---

"And your favorite song?"

"You know, you've been asking me questions for about an hour now. May I ask you one simple question sire?"

He laughed. "Only one madame"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you asking me so much?"

"Because I want to get to know you."

"Why?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Only one question Niks."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright. Go on."

"Your favorite song?"

Here went nothing.

---

"It's so beautiful", I said, gesturing to the clear waters, whose color was a slight mix of orange and blue ; the shade of the sky.