The feast

I HATE THE MIDDLE AGES!

Chapter 11: The feast

(The return of the king)

Gandalf told King Théoden that the Ents had defeated Saruman, so the monarch and magician decided to go to Isengard. Hermione, Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn decided to accompany them.

"Shall we go through the forest of Fangorn?" Hermione asked somewhat apprehensive.

"Don't worry Hermione, the Ents will let us through to Isengard," answered the magician.

Hermione felt the oppressive atmosphere of the forest, and what is worse, she noticed as if she were being watched, and that is that the ents were clearing the way to let them pass, but no one in the group seemed to notice.

"Hogwarts forbidden forest is nothing compared to this place," the girl thought nervously.

"Gandalf, do you think there are acromantulas in the forest?" Hermione interrogated him, fearing the answer. Harry and Ron were very descriptive when they told her about their adventure with Aragog and his countless starving offspring.

"Now that Sauron threatens the world, several gloomy creatures spread everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if there were giant spiders in these parts," replied Gandalf, who knew about the adventure of the two children thanks to Hermione's description of it as soon as they entered the forest.

"If there were centaurs I would be calmer Gandalf."

"I fear that these creatures do not live in the forest of Fangorn."

The group finally arrived in Isengard, the place was flooded because the river overflowed in the middle, Hermione was watching the high tower with attention, when suddenly a few screams caught their attention, it was Merry and Pipin, who welcomed the group, while tasting food and tobacco.

"Damned hobbits! I have mixed feelings! I don't know whether to hug or beat them," said Gimli, a prisoner of exasperation.

"Guys, I'm so glad you're safe and sound!" Hermione said to them and getting off the horse she shared with Aragorn, she went to hug the hobbits.

The hobbits told the group that Barbol and the Ents had defeated Saruman, who had secluded himself in the tower. Gimli and the others wanted to settle accounts with Saruman and Grima, but Gandalf convinced them to leave them alone as they posed no danger to anyone.

Barbol was present and greeted the travelers, in that Pipin drew something that was lying beneath the stagnant waters.

"Give me that at once," the magician commanded him, and Pipin gave it to what Hermione looked like a sphere of black crystal.

Théoden said goodbye to Barbol wishing him a promising future.

"That's impossible, there are no more ent women, we don't have children," said Barbol sadly, and he left the group.

"Don't you know where ent women could have gone?" Hermione asked Gandalf, learning about the sad story of the shepherds of the forests.

"I have no idea Hermione, I went to the old forest in the region to investigate one day in my youth, but I only found ucornos, nobody knows the destiny of the women ent."