♥-chapter seven-♥

The next few days at school, I suffered under the minor celebrity status my lucky save earned me. David thought it was hilarious and never lost the opportunity to make the most of my notoriety.

'Make way, citizens of Wrickenridge, for the hottest new property in women's soccer!' He jogged backwards in front of me as Lisa, Zoey, and I headed for science. 

'David, please,' I mumbled, aware of the laughter around us.

Lisa did better: she dug him in the ribs with one of her talons. 'Give it a rest, will you, David?'

David smirked. 'You her agent, Li girl?'

'Yeah, and she ain't giving you an interview.'

'You're a hard woman.'

'You've got that right,' Lisa agreed with an evil smirk of her own. 'Now back off.'

'I'm already gone.' David turned and ran to his class.

'That boy is a major league pain in the butt,' pronounce David.

'He thinks he's funny,' I offered.

Zoey spoke up, 'I always thought he gets a Lisa because he likes her so much.'

'Repeat that and die,' warned Lisa.

Zoey sighed, 'He's had a thing for you since fouth grade and you know it.'

'I don't wanna hear this.' Lisa flapped Zoey away. 'I'm not listening.'

Zoey considered she'd won that exchange so dropped the subject. 'So, Kenzie, you wanna come watch the school baseball team today? We're playing Aspen.'

'If I do, will one of you explain what's going on?'

Lisa said, 'Sure we will, Ken.Baseball's a lot of fun.'

Zoey decided to mention, 'Harry's on the team, you know.'

'I could've guessed,' I said, pretending a leaflet was more interesting than some information on Harry Styles.

'An extra reason for coming along.'

'Is it?'

'That's what they're saying.'

I shrugged. 'Well, I thought it would've been a reason for giving it a miss.'

Zoey giggled. 'I'm more of a Niall girl myself - those cute glasses and studious hair gets me everytime. He's like a hot Harry Potter.'

I laughed, just like Zoey expected.

'Look who it is!' crowed Lisa, elbowing me in the ribs.

Enemy at twelve o'clock: Harry was just leaving the lab, in conversation with another boy. From behind used to it, I hid behind Lisa.

'Hi, Harry,' said Zoey in a flase girly voice.

I withered with embarrassment. It made us sound like a bunch of groupies.

'Oh, hi,' Harry replied. He skimmed us, then scooted back to me, just visible between Lisa and the wall. Letting his friend go on ahead, he stopped in front of us. His attention was on me. 

'I didn't get a chance to congratulate you, Kenzie. You made an awesome save,' he praised.

Damn him - he was laughing at me.

'Yeah, I thought it was pretty unbelievable myself,' I said ironically.

'I'm telling everyone you got lucky,' he said, tweaking the strap of my bag back onto my shoulder.