Beautiful, Bipolar, Bella. *5*

Matt refused to let Bella out of his sight for the rest of that day, he was scared that she would hurt herself further and that idea troubled him greatly. He wanted to keep her safe, from herself and everything around her.

Matt even insisted that he should stay in the same bed as Bella, she did not oppose to the idea when she saw the worry in his eyes.

“Bella,” Matt whispered as he watched her read, Bella lifted her eyes to meet his and smiled, she was currently on a natural high as she grinned at him.

“Why didn't we keep in contact?” he asked her, she shrugged, her smile faltered and tears began to rise in her eyes as the memories of the incident came back to her, the incident that sent her to her shell. Bella shook her head, pushing the memories back to her mind, she could not think about it, it was far too painful, like a bullet to the brain except that she could not escape the pain with the sudden death that would follow if an actual bullet hit her brain, she wished it was that simple.

“She's gone.” the nurse informed the family with an apologetic look, the young girl let out a painful scream and dropped onto her knees, tears escaped her big eyes as she closed them. The young boy ran towards are and dropped next to her, pulling her into a protective hug. A few tears came to his eyes but did not escape, he had to strong in front of this girl, he loved her too dearly to add to her pain. Although he obviously felt as much pain as the girl did. Their hearts were both shattered in that one moment, they were too young to be able to completely understand but they understood enough to be heartbroken by the disaster. The boy stroked her back, soothing her, “I love you, buzz.' the girl whispered through sobs into the boys ear, making him pull her closer.

'I love you too.' he replied.

 -----

Bella came back to reality to find that she was securely taken into Matt's arms, “I love you, Buzz.” she repeated the words of her younger self.

“I love you too, my beautiful Bella.” he said pulling back and smiling, “Please come for a walk? I know it's late but I think it'll really help you.”

Bella did not know why but for once she actually felt able to leave the house so she just nodded.

 ---

 They exited the house to find themselves surrounded by a large group of trees, Bella looked round nervously, she wasn't used to feeling so free and able to breath. Bella was not sure if she enjoyed the feeling or if she was afraid of it. She scanned the woods around her before taking a hesitant step. 

Matt gently took hold of Bella's hand “I won't ever let anything harm you, I'd rather I be the one to get harmed.” He reassured her, smiling. They began to stroll through the woods, she breathed in letting the smell that she could only describe as 'green' fill her lungs, relaxing her. “It's pine.” Bella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “The smell.” he explained, gesturing to the trees around Bella and himself. “The trees are pine, the smell belongs to them. The woods are enchanting, don't you agree?”

“I'm not too sure.” she replied honestly, not sure of what to make of this new world.

“I personally think it's so beautiful, the woods present purity in my eyes, nature.” Matt informed her, his eyes gleaming with excitement, “You should see it in the daytime, it's magical.”

Bella smiled, finding Matt's child-like personality adorable, it made her forget her worries and enjoying the moment, breathing the heavenly smell in once again. She shuddered at the sudden realisation that it was cold. She dropped Matt's hand and started rubbing the goosebumps that had risen on her arms. “Come on, let's get you home.” Matt suggested but Bella shook her head.

“You're right, it is beautiful out here.” she admitted.

“Not as beautiful as you.” Matt replied with his crooked smile, making Bella's breath catch in her throat as he wrapped his arms around her, making a sudden wave of warmth rush through her. They carried on walking for a while until it was almost pitch black and they found themselves out of sight of the house, then they returned back to the house, falling asleep with Matt's arms tightly wrapped

around Bella's waist, she fell asleep with a smile on her face for the first time in a what seemed like a life time.

*************************