Chapter Four, Prince Charming Gave Me Pneumonia

HONEY

I payed a total of twelve pounds and seventy five pence for my food, the five pence being for the bag, because apparently you had to pay for plastic bags in Wales. Which was totally reasonable when you're trying to save the planet and all, but why not just start selling paper bags like in grocery shops, at least they're bio degradable?

By the time I'd stuffed all my food under the seat on my moped and stuffed the plastic bag in with it, the sky was beginning to get dark.

I checked the white fake female Rolex watch which dug into my wrist. Ste had bought it me last Christmas; the time was only twenty past six.

I slid my healthy leg over the cold leather seat and pulled on my warm gloves, sliding my helmet over my disgustingly frizzy hair.

I searched my pockets for my keys.

Oh shit.

My heart fluttered in my chest.

Please don't say i've lost my keys!

I jumped off the padded leather, pain shooting up my leg as i landed heavily, thrusting open the seat and stuffing all the food i had just bought, back into the plastic bag.

No key.

"Dammit!" I yelled and kicked the wheel of Brum with my injured leg, adding to the pain and noticing i had left the ugly black clamp on like an idiot anyway.

I typed in my code and unclasped it from around around the rubber tyre, putting it under the seat on my bike.

I slid down onto the uneven tarmac floor. The Citroen CDI had gone and so had several other cars around me.

I noticed, the Audi was still there.

"No, not happening!" I wasn't going to let him and his girlfriend see me lost in the car park while they speed off home to Barbie girl's party.

Stupid strangers and their stupid girlfriends.

Stupid Wales and their five pence bags.

Stupid Brum keys.

I peered inside my shopping bag and to top it all off, realized my Ben&Jerry's Baked Alaska was going to melt. I had no way of getting home, I'd left it on my bed so Ste and Mark couldn't come to my rescue and i had a limpy leg.

"Fuck." All the swearing was desperately adding to my depressing mood.

Looked like i was walking then.

I pulled back the stand and placed the handle of the overpriced bag over my handlebar, as it wouldn't fit under my seat now the clamp was there, and began to push Brum out of the car park, slowly, and onto the cycle path next to the main road.

I vaguely remembered the route home and found myself pushing and limping along the last stretch of main road before i'd reach the traffic lights when i was beeped from behind.

I whipped my head around to see, (surprise, surprise) the red Audi belonging to Hunter.

I politely gave him the finger and walked on.

He slowed his car down so he was driving at the same speed as my walk, which must have been about 3mph, very dangerous on a main road.

I glanced over and saw the passenger seat was empty.

I stopped, took a hand off the handlebars and lifted my helmet up so it rested on my forehead.

"No girlfriend then?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the empty seat.