Chapter 6 - THREE detentions in TWO days

I got to school just after 10.15 when I heard the second bell go. I ran straight into my maths class to apologise to my teacher and hope he was feeling nice today and would just give me the work to catch up on.

"Miss Fox" said my maths teacher "Have you been playing truant?"

"Urm no sir" I stuttered "I Urm, I overslept and I'm really sorry" I closed my eyes hoping for the best

"Oh don't say sorry to me Miss Fox" said my maths teacher lowering his glasses and looking at me "say sorry to the person watching your detention this afternoon"

"What!. Another detention?" I said to no one in particular. "Sir, I already have a detention this afternoon?" I Questioned

"Well then you'll have a detention tomorrow as well then won't you Miss Fox. Now I suggest you get to your second lesson before you get another detention for being late to that one too!" And with that he sat back down at his desk and continued what looked like marking test papers.

With that I left for my next lesson. Hoping I wouldn't get another detention today and hoping I wouldn't see Noah today.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Detention had just finished and I was walking home. Wondering what it would be like when I got there. My brothers had left me to be independent this morning, but would they remember my detention situation and how would they feel if I told them I got another one today. Oops.

I slowly put my key in the door and pushed the door open.

The boys were all sat around the table eating what looked like dinner. Burgers maybe.

"Hi boys" I said to all of them generally, chucking my bag down at the bottom of the stairs

"Hi Harps" they all chimed back

"Is mine in the oven ?" I said walking over to the oven to retrieve my dinner

As I opened the over door and saw nothing there I turned round and looked at my brothers.

"Harper you wanted to be independent" said Toby cockily

"We thought we'd leave you to your own devices. Treat you like a grown up" said Liam

"So today we didn't wake you up, we haven't made you dinner, and I certainly won't be asking you if you got any more detentions..." Jake continued

I was angry. Sure I wanted to be treated like a mature grown up 17 year old. But not cooking me dinner ? And leaving me late for school ?

I decided to cook myself some soup and retreated back to my room. I was going to show these boys I could be independent and live my life and I didn't need them to help. From now on they were going to be my brothers and just that. Not my second parents or my bosses. Just my brothers. And I think I was okay with that.

First mission: find a boyfriend

Noah? I wondered.