02| Meet the Others.

02| Meet the Others.

"And don't forget to put your underwear in the laundry regularly. They don't wash themselves."

"Mother!" I gave her a look. "I've lived alone before. Remember that year I went for summer camp? Even that was two months."

"But everyone didn't see you on TV at that time."

"Bye, Mom." I turned and walked towards the car that had come to pick me up. "See you in two months."

Mom wanted to protest, but instead she just stepped back, a smile playing on her lips.

"Take care, and don't embarrass me on TV."

I grinned back at her, and ran back to give her a hug.

"See ya in two months." I said, my arms tightly wound around her.

" Bye sweetie. Now go before they leave without you." she gestured to the car waiting for us on the driveway.

I give her a last smile, and went towards the car and stepped in.

It took us at least an hour to reach the house, which was quite far away from town, and by the time I reached, I was ready to jog around and stretch my legs.

Unfortunately, there were other plans already arranged. As I stumbled to carry all of my five suitcases on my own, I saw a lady walking up to us.

She just gestured to two guys around, and they grabbed my luggage.

"Hello Alyssa. I'm Rose Garlinge, and I'm basically the organiser of this event."

I shook her hand and asked,"So where's the mansion?"

"Right there," she said, pointing towards a huge house which was visible from where we were standing, although it was a great distance away.

"Okay, so can we go?"

She smirked.

I already don't like what she's going to say.

"Not now. Later. Now come with me."

I knew it. She was going to take me to a secluded place and kill me. I really shouldn't have joined this thing.

But I followed her to what looked like an outdoor barbecue party. There were massive grills where chefs were making steaks, a buffet, and a make your own pasta table.

Okay. Time to reevaluate.

I knew that joining this Summer Scape thing was a good idea. The food makes up for everything.

"So this is basically an introductory lunch type of thing where you can meet the other contestants and interact with them." Rose said. "Later, I'll show you the house."

With that, she left me, probably to go meet up some other contestant. I looked around me to see six other teenagers all staring at me. So I did the best thing.

I went straight for the food. A+ for getting my priorities straight.

After filling my plate up with steak, two different types of pasta, some pizza, and a huge slice of apple pie, I went to the only sitting place in the huge open garden.

A picnic table. Granted, it was a huge picnic table, but there were already six people sitting there. When I went towards it, however, I saw that each seat was reserved. I saw a piece of paper with my name written on it stuck on a seat between two guys, and I put my plate there and sat down.

"Hey," one of the guys next to me said immediately, putting his arm around my chair. "I'm Shane."

I, of course knew who Shane was. It was hard not to, since more than half of the profits from the School Newspaper were because of his sleeping habits, which usually ended up in the gossip column. He was infamous for the way he went through girls.