Wolf

Living in a small town is fun I guess, Nothing around here ever changes, if it does it's not welcomed. I should have known my life was about to change.

~

There's a myth that every messed up wolf has a messed up past, You don't have to have a messy past to have a messy life, I went from being the favored alpha's daughter to being the rejected wolf who cleans up everyone else's messed and hides any bruises given to me from any of the pack members.

However, I have my father. My father has deep black hair with emerald green eyes, His name his Johnson Wolffe. He's married to my (step)mother, Claire Wolffe. She has bright blonde hair, which every one of her children inherited. I never got to know my birth mother. I hardly know my step mother either, as soon as she came into my life it's been hell.

First day of my junior year starts with the sound of her annoying voice.

"Hey, Kataline Wolffe! You have to wake up! Don't want you late for your first day!" She hit my door twice, which means "If you don't get up now I'm going to have a long talk with you".

"Yes Claire," I pulled myself out of bed and walked into the shower. The water awkwardly dripped down my body and I kind of had to think about how boring today was gonna be, I clean up after the pack most of the time. I went from being the favored daughter of the alpha to being the omega. All because of my mother's death- I mean it trashed my pack, people lost respect for my father but he married into the nearest pack and got his big scary alpha rep back. He sacrificed my title so that he could live on top. I don't have time to think about this all right now, I have school.

I quickly wrap up in a towel and go out into my room and open my small pink dresser. I grab a pair of folded black leggings, a black knit sweater and long socks. I put all my clothes on and get my small pair of boots from next to the door. Before bed last night I prepped my backpack so I'd have less hassle to deal with.

I get to walk to school because only god knows what they'd do to me if they found out that I had something to get away from here. I grab my ipod and put one of my headphones into my ear so I can listen to music and the world around me. I take the path in the woods, it's the road less travelled in my eyes. So I walked out through the deep green path, there's weeds almost as tall as my-5'3"-self (Short genetics.)

I continue walking till I get to the over-run school building, The school is on the border of two territories, The Black Winter pack and The Silver Dawn pack (My pack). I walk in and someone already trips me and I fall in the middle of the hallway causing a huge commotion

"Oops, the poor puppy can keep her balance!" I heard the high pitched bitchy voice of Heather snicker over me.

"Aw! Poor puppy!" A kid laughed across the hallway I quickly picked up my bag and slung it back over my shoulder, fixed my earbud, and continued walking down the hallway. I got to my locker that I've had for the past three years and opened it easily.

"KATALINE!" My short red headed friend hops over to me and throws herself into my arms. "I've missed you so much!" She's shaking like hell. I drop my bag quickly and wrap my arms tighter around her and lift her off the ground. This is Maddy, she's one of the few witches around here. No she isn't a stereotypical witch who brews love potions in her basement and curses everyone. She helps me with my anxiety around people by giving my charms.

"I've missed you too Maddy, do you need any help with anything?" I smiled at her and picked my bag back up.

"No! Me and Wesley-" She stopped quickly and I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and me being lifted into the air. I started to wiggle out of his hold and he softly set me down and ruffled up my hair.

"I missed you all summer, Why couldn't you have just come stay with me?" He whined and Maddy throws something at him.

"You know why she couldn't her jackass of a dad kept her locked up in the house," she calmly stated trying not to make me explain.

"Yeah I spent a lot of time balled up in the attic.. Not my fault my family replaced me." I laugh and look away quickly. "I have to get to class, I'll see you both later.."

"Happy birthday Kataline." They say at the same time.

"Thank you, both of you, I'll see you around." I nodded and began to walk to my class with my binder.

"Welcome back Kataline, You sit next to Mr. Kellin..." I looked up at him, that's when I felt it, a sudden burst of electric shocks coursing through my body.. It's almost painful but I never want it to stop...