Chapter 15

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I look at the caller ID: Peeta. I answer the phone with a yawn.

"Hey *yawn* Peeta," I say, laying my head back on my pillow and closing my eyes.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Katniss! Did I wake you? I'm so sorry! Go back to sleep," he says.

"No, Peeta, it's fine. What did you need?" I ask.

"No, no. Go back to sleep. You can call me later," he says. I look over at the clock which reads 11:47am.

"Peeta, it's almost noon, I need to get up anyway. What did you need?" I say.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm on my way home. I should be home by dinner. Do you want to, maybe, go out tonight? Only if you want to though," he asks.

"Sure. Where are we going?" I ask.

"That, darling, is a surprise," Peeta says, laughing. "But, wear something nice."

"Yes sir. Call me when you get home, so I know when to meet you," I say.

"No need. I'll pick you up at 7:30pm. Be ready," he says.

"Okay then. Bye, Peeta," I say, smiling.

"Bye, Katniss. I love you," he says, then hangs up.

I still haven't told him I love him. I think I do, but all I've told him is that I might love him. And even then, I was yelling at him. I want to talk about this with someone. Someone I can trust. I realize that Finnick and I haven't been meeting like we used to in the mornings, so I call him and have him meet me at the cafe.

I walk into the cafe to find Finnick at a table in the corner by the window. He stands up to greet me with a hug. He starts to pull away from it, but I keep him there. I really need a hug from someone that I know loves me. And Finnick loves me like I am his favorite little sister in the entire world. Or at least that's what he tells me.

"You okay, Kitty?" Finn asks me while I hold him there in a hug.

"Yeah. I just needed a hug from my brother," I say.

"So is there a reason you wanted me to meet you?" Finn asks me.

"Um, well you know we haven't had breakfast at the cafe for a while like we used to," I say. I don't want to jump into the part about my feelings for Peeta too quickly.

"You're right. We haven't. Is there a specific reason? And does this specific reason happen to have blonde hair and blue eyes?" he asks, wiggling his eyebrows at me. A blush creeps on my face and I look down at my hands in my lap.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, kinda," I say, with a hint of a smile.

"So, how are you and Bread Boy?" he asks.

"We, um, we're good. I talked to him on the phone earlier. He's on his way back now. He's gonna take me to dinner when he gets here," I say with my smile getting wider.

"You must really like him, huh?" he says.

"I think.... Um.... I think, I might love him," I say slowly.

"Really? Oh, I'm happy for you, Katniss," Finnick says with a smile on his face as well.

"I just want to wait till I'm sure to tell him, though," I say.

"Yeah. I waited a whole 7 years to tell Annie that I love her. You know, I think I'm going to propose to her soon," he says.

"Awe! Really? That's amazing, Finnick! When?" I ask.

"Well, her birthday is coming up. I might do it then. I am like 99.99% sure that she will say yes, but there's still that 0.01% of doubt in me. I just love her so much. I want to give her everything. I want her to be mine forever," he says.