Chapter 1

"Charlotte." My best friend Audrey sang closely in my ear. I groaned groggily as I pulled my blanket over my head not wanting to wake up yet.

"Oh come on, we're supposed to meet my Bennie and Oliver at the country club in less than an hour." She whined.

I remained silent cursing myself in my head. I wish I never would've agreed to that stupid double date, I wasn't even interested in being set up with Oliver.

"You promised me you would give Oliver a chance. I just want you to meet someone Charlie, I really think you and Oli will really get on." She spoke softly, making me huff annoyedly in my half awake state.

"Fine, but only because I get free brunch." I finally cracked my eyes open to be greeted with her gigantic smile as she sat on the edge of the bed looking down at me with excitement in her bright blue eyes.

"How did you even get into my flat?" I asked wiping my eyes as I sat up.

"You leave your key under the mat, it wasn't exactly rocket science." She laughed. I shrugged, I really should move that key.

I looked down to my covers noticing the outfit laid by my feet on the bed. A baby pink shift dress with a pair of white high heels and tan stockings were sitting there making my stomach drop.

"You have to be joking me." I spoke underneath my breath in disbelief as I stared at them.

"Those aren't even my clothes." I complained as I looked up at Audrey.

"They're mine. I just want you to make a good impression." She smiled wearily.

"What's wrong with my clothes?" I asked defensively.

"Nothing! Nothing at all." She blushed.

I sighed and got up from my mattress, slinging the covers to the side, silently grabbing the clothes and making my way to the shower.

"You're the best!" She called from behind me.

"I know!" I yelled back sarcastically as I went into the bathroom.

I looked in the dirty old mirror and groaned at the sight of the makeup I had yet to take off from yesterday after I had gotten home late from a shift at the café I worked at.

Quickly, I took a shower and got dressed, loathing the stockings I had to wear underneath the shift dress that made me feel completely unlike myself. I felt like it wasn't flattering on me and was meant for someone more petite like Audrey, it was a little snug on my body and was an awkward length, but I knew Audrey would never let me go wearing something plain like  I'd normally wear.

I let my brown hair hang wet preferring how it looked when it dried on it's own, loose curls  that hung down just past my shoulders and my bangs that laid perfectly across my eyebrows.

"You look stunning love." Audrey smiled widely in awe as she was sat down on the edge of my bed.

"I feel like a piece of bubblegum." I looked down at myself with a frown, still unsure of how this dress looked on me.

"You look lovely." She assured me with a grin.

"Right," I responded not believing her. "Tell, me more about Oliver, yeah?" I grinned slightly making an effort to care, sitting down beside her.