New Girl

"Well this is it!" My mom screeched excitedly while getting out the car. I immediately woke up and looked out the window to see the most beautiful house ever.

 "Wow..." I breathed out, staring up at the house. I slowly exited the car dazed by the house, which I could now officially call my home.

 "You like?" My mom turned to ask me with a hopeful look.

"Like? Mom, I love it! You really out did it this time!" I yelled excitedly. The house had many windows, and was made out of wood, giving it a cozy yet sophisticated texture. It was set apart in the woods, away from the rest of the houses and the town. Just the way I like. It also had a little stream at the back of the house.

 "Well, I decided it was time for a change." My mom said with a sad smile.

"Well then, hello change!" I said, trying to lighten up the mood this early in the morning.

"You want to have a quick look, before we start unloading some of the stuff?"

I nodded my head and began walking towards the house.

 "Wow...Double wow!" I gasped once we were inside. I could hear my mom chuckle from the doorway. She took me on a tour around the house, and I was left in utter shock.

 "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said running up to my mom and kissing her on the cheek. We stood there hugging until a knock interrupted us.

 "Oh that must be Karen, my childhood friend that I told you about?" I nodded my head again, and continued to look around the house, while she greeted her friend.

 "Oh, hey Karen! Long time no see! I missed you so much!" I could hear my mother practically yell. I smirked to myself and looked out the window and admiring the stream. It was then that I saw something move within the trees, something strange. I gasped and got closer to the window. Just as I was about to get a closer look, my mom came into the living room. I jerked back in abruptness.

 "Sofia, honey, are you okay?" My mom asked worriedly.  I put a hand over my chest, trying to regain control of my breathing.

 "Huh? Yeah, I'm okay mom. You just scared the crap out of me." I gave her a warm smile to emphasize that I was okay. She gave me a skeptical look, but decided to drop the subject.

 "Well, I just wanted you to meet Karen and her children." I shook my head and walked with her to the doorway, coming face to face with with the woman herself.

 "Oh my gosh, why look at you! You've so grown so much since the last time I saw you. Bel, she looks just like you." Karen gushed as I neared to where they were. I smiled warmly at her and took out my hand for her to shake.

 "Oh, don't be silly." She said and went straight to giving me a bone-crushing hug.

 "Oh, where are my manners! I'm Karen Gomez, and these are my kids. Lily and Josh." She said, pointing to her kids. I looked up and saw what seemed to me like twins, a girl and a boy. The girl had pretty blonde hair and light blue eyes, while the boy had Karen's light brown hair and hazel eyes. Other than that, they were identical. I gave them a friendly smile and took my hand out for them to take.

 "Nice to meet you, I'm Sofia Fuentes." I said shyly. They both gave me a warm smile, and shook my hand tenderly.

 "So Karen, I thought we were suppose to meet up tomorrow afternoon?" My mom asked, furrowing her eyebrows and crinkling her noise, a habit that I tend to have too.

"Well I wasn't going to let you unpack and unload all by yourself with your daughter. And it would be a great chance to catch up." My mom beamed in happiness and nodded.