Chapter 51~ Dinner and Serious Talk

'You can't wear that. That is ghastly.' Suchitra made a face eyeing the pastel pink frill fork Aashi showed her. Aashi has limited wardrobe but honestly, she is better than this. Suchitra walked passed and began rummaging through her cupboard suggesting her that she should try chick look rather than glamourous one as it is casual dinner. Aashi nodded.

Finally, after searching for half an hour they decided on a flute sleeved off shoulder wine red top and high waist black pants. The choker necklace proved to be a serious choker for Aashi and she realized that is rightly called what it is called. She adjusted it on her throat, looked at her reflection and smiled. She picked up her comb and began combing her hair. She left it open with a side parting.

With black kohl, red lip gloss, red nail polish, a generous amount of perfume and black high platform heels, Aashi was done. She turned to Suchitra and asked for her opinion.

Suchitra smiled widely and gave thumbs up. Aashi smiled back. She took her black clutch purse and bid goodbye to her friend.

'All the best.' Suchitra called after her.

'Thanks.' Aashi called back nervously.

******************************

Aashi parked her car outside Rishabh's building and dialed his number. He asked her to wait two minutes. After she cut the call, she opened her purse and fished out a flip hand mirror. She switched on the lights and checked her make-up. This is so unlike her, but then she had never been on a date before. But then, is this a date? Irritated, Aashi closed the mirror and dropped it back in the purse. She looked ahead as she tapped her fingers on the steering wheel. Her heart beating fast with excitement and nervousness.

A few minutes later, Aashi heard a tap on the window of the passenger seat and she turned her head. She smiled on spotting Rishabh's face peeping from the other side. He smiled back. She leaned and unlocked the door and he got in.

'Hey.'

'Hey!'

Aashi was about to start the engine when Rishabh interrupted her. She looked at him confused.

'Dinner is on me, so.' - He pointed towards the steering wheel. Aashi blinked for a second before getting what he meant.

She smiled and nodded, - 'Cool.' The two then got down the car and exchanged places.

'Where are we going?' Aashi asked as she buckled her seatbelt. Rishabh smiled but doesn't answer, Aashi frowned. She kept insisting but Rishabh didn't budge, instead, he switched on the radio and her voice got muffled. She glared at him, but he kept smiling.

********************************

Finally, they reached their destination and Aashi had her jaw dropped. She looked at Rishabh and folded her arms across. 'Rooftop Café? Seriously?'

'Yeah.' Rishabh shrugged and Aashi shook her head. 'They serve such awesome dishes here.' He added.

'Haan, but with the suspense.... Acha, let us try this out.' Aashi said. She noted Rishabh's fallen face and she sighed.

'I am sorry.' - She held his shoulder and apologized. Rishabh looked at her and smiled. She smiled and pinched his nose.

'Oww!' He winced and Aashi giggled. After she stopped laughing she noticed Rishabh looking at her. There was something different in that look. Aashi's smile disappeared and she stared at him without moving a muscle. A minute later, Rishabh looked away and Aashi blinked. He exhaled deeply and turned to look at her. Aashi noted him smiling forcefully, - 'Let us go.' He gestured with his head and Aashi nodded.