Guardian Angel

Before we broke up, I was the girlfriend, the lover, the juliet to your romeo.

I was the “I love you” and the shot at a forever.

Before we broke I was the “stay up all night and talk about fucking or sharing the deep infinite emotion of love”

Before we broke up it was anything anyone ever wanted in a relationship.

I was the delinquent hopelessly in love with an idea and you were the shy dream guy

Before we broke up it was love, it was commitment and it was an obligation to help you.

But A year after we broke up is much more important than before.

A year after I’m still here, a year after and i’m still trying to save you.

It’s not obligation, commitment or the love anymore it’s the simple fact I was sent to help you.

A year after and it’s “I love you, and it's not like a romance or fucking sorta type of love”

A year after and i’m going crazy to mend the broken pieces that destruction and loneliness left you.

I’m the angel sent to help, and don’t ask me if i have wings, or if i’m magic, since clearly i’m not

I am the angel that cared and cares endlessly about you, the angel that will talk to you for hours upon hours to make sure you don’t die that night.

I am the angel that breaks, but cares less about myself because in my mind i’m just a cockroach in a factory.

I will be the angel that will try everything, and do anything to keep you alive,

I will try to be the angel to fill up the dried up ocean in your heart.

I can be the colors to your darkness, i can be the hope to your hopelessness.

I can be the reason you cry happy tears, but i can’t be the reason of you being happy.

I can be a saviour and guide if you shall let me.

I will hold your hand as you walk scared and lonely, I will tell you, you can do it, just continue holding on.

I can be the fucking love and hate angel you need to not give up.

I will promise to be there every step of the way, and give you 500 reasons why you should stay alive.

I can be a figment of your imagination if you wish, but allow me to help.

I cannot help unless you let me help, and you better let me help.

I am your guardian angel sent to help you and keep you strong.