21. There's a Place

"We're really here aren't we?" I smiled giddily repeating myself once again as I was standing next to Paul after we gotten out of the taxi.

"I guess so." Paul laughed slightly at my anxious giddiness.

"Gear." I breathed out sharply biting away at my nails nervously. At any moment I could crack and completely have a breakdown, but I tried my best to keep myself together. The initial shock was finally subsiding into panic over leaving England and coming into a foreign country and I was somewhat curious as to if I should've stayed home from this trip after all.

Paul and I had took a separate car the rest of the boys because there wasn't enough room for us all to fit into one vehicle. Paul had volunteered to take another cab, but John volunteered me to go with him in attempt to separate me from George. My uncle was otherwise going to see something between George and I, something I knew frightened every one of the boys in fear of losing their manager. I didn't mind catching a ride with Paul however, it had been awhile since I'd gotten to talk to Paul alone.

"You're too cute." Paul chuckled at me, making me lower my hand from my mouth with reddened cheeks.

"What was that?" I asked after a moment, a devilish grin spreading upon my parted lips.

"N-nothing." He sputtered looking into my eyes with a look of fear clouding over them.

"Paulie thinks I'm cute!" I yelled happily receiving strange looks from pedestrians surrounding us as they walked about their day so early in the morning. I took his hand and began to dance goofily, spinning myself like I had seen people dance on the television.

"Shhh." Paul giggled pulling me into his chest and putting his hand over my mouth. A lady stopped in her tracks horrified after watching Paul's actions that may have seemed a bit strange without context. My laughter became inaudible from behind Paul's hands before he swiftly retracted it embarrassed.

"Es... erm... es ist in Ordnung, ma'am." Paul attempted to speak in German to the lady to reassure her nothing was wrong. She walked away quickly, horrified by what she had witnessed. I snickered at the tinge of red that started to spread over Paul's face.

"Oh shush Epstein." He said trying to suppress a smile as I unravelled myself from his arms.

"Alright." I said with a goofy grin as I looked over at him. His face looked just as funny as mine as he held back laughter, making me begin to laugh like a maniac. Our taxi man came to give us our luggage watching the two of us with a strange look. Paul began to laugh uncontrollably as well just as the other taxi full of boys pulled up.

"Well, what did I miss?" My uncle asked curiously as he got out of the passenger side of the taxi.

"Nothing." I sighed happily wiping a tear away from my eye from the laughter. My uncle smiled before turning to walk towards the trunk to retrieve his bags.

When I saw George come out of the car after John and Pete, my heart nearly leaped out of my chest. Something about seeing a smile on his face made me feel euphoric. I never knew something as simple as seeing a smile could immediately brighten my day one hundred times more.

When George's eyes met mine his face immediate lit up with delight. I blushed furiously and looked over at Paul who's attention was already on the guys as they began to strike up conversation about their gig tonight.

"We're finally here." I let out a shaky breath and smiled up at George once he was directly in front of me. George smiled admiringly down at me with his gaze trailing over my lips.

"Yes we are." He grinned warmly. I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"It's not the cleanest of places to finally be." George chuckled looking behind me to the hotel next to the many shops and clubs lining one of the main streets of Hamburg.