The old witch on the hill

I was stunned when I saw the inside of the old house.

The inside of the house was the worst thing my 10 year old mind has ever seen. The barn was even worse

 "Now kids i know it looks bad but we will eventually fix it up." Mom said.

 Dad nodded his round head. 

I've noticed something different lately with my parents. They didn't hug anymore like they used to, just something has changed, because once my dad lost his job we haven't been the happy family like we used to be.

The house smelled like mold.

I could not believe that we moved from our happy home to this old rundown shack in the middle of nowhere.

Once I walked in my room I noticed Erin's room was right next to mine. Then  put down my stuff and my mom called me down.

 "Hey Jack the neighbors are here and they have a son your age, come down!" Mom yelled up the stairs.

 I walked down the stairs and every step I took made a creaking noise. There was no way I was ever going to live like this.

The neighbors were a family of three they had one son and a dog named bella. 

 "Hi" Brody said.

 "Umm hi?" I murmured.

 "Jack this is Brody our neighbors. They live just up the street a bit" Mom explained.

I walked outside and Brody followed me.

His dad help us get furniture out of the moving truck. And his mom and mine ate brownies his mom bought from Wal-Mart.

 "Wow I can't believe you actually live here." Brody crossed his arms and stared at the house.

 " Well why is there a problem with it? " I said.

 "Have you not heard about the story the old witch who used to live here." Brody anounced.

 I for one second did not believe a word he said.

 " The old witch used to live in the hill in the woods just over there. " he pointed to a bunch of trees.

 " She takes little girls for fifty years and returns them when she is done with her or the girl does not do what she says she feeds the girl to bloody bones.

 "Your just trying to scare me" i said and trying not to look scared.

 " Have you not heard of "Sally estates" fifty year ago she was "took" and no one has seen her scene and people be live that the old witch "took" her" he said poking at the ground.

I did not believe a word he said.