Chapter 9 - Iris Eloclipse(edited)

"Fuck!" Iris Eloclipse shouted as she climbed from under the rubble. "That bastard's figured out Kaden grows stronger the more he fights."

She took a powerful leap after Memphis. So much force was used during her ascent that the floor broke apart where she had been standing.

In truth, even with Kaden's super enhanced strength, Memphis could kill him at any time. He was matching his strength to Kaden's to intentionally help the young knight get stronger.

She watched as Kaden caught his balance midair, seconds before Memphis appeared in front of him. They began fighting once more as they descended. Black shockwaves exploded to life as they clashed. Kaden's attack was fast but Memhpis countered everything almost perfect. Iris could tell Memphis was using more mana than before. Not only did his physical strength increase so did his speed and physical defences.

Iris curse yet again. Normally, she kept her profanity to a minimum though she'd had a potty mouth back when she and her childhood friends ran a gang.

A gang that Memphis was once a part of.

Iris's face showed pain when a memory of her, Memphis, and the other leaders of their gang at a lake resurfaced. Anger stirred in her heart. Not at the idiot's attempt to snatch their bikinis while they were in the water that day, but at his traitorous actions.

She warped behind him and jabbed her Stardust sword at Memphis's back. He dodged and so did Kaden. The black dragon tried to kick Memphis but he spiked his mana output.

Iris wasn't surprised at his control of mana. He had much lifeforce and could use it just as well as she. What surprised her was when he grabbed Kaden while blocking her kick.

Memphis used Kaden to bat Iris away, sending her crashing down through a building. He then kneed Kaden so hard pieces of his black scales shattered away, before throwing him towards the ground and descended after him.

She cursed under her breath. If she was correct, a safe center should be nearby. She prayed to Kul they weren't headed for it. Those two could destroy the barrier and end up killing everyone inside.

Dusting herself off she conjured another large Stardust sword in hand and jumped high into the sky. She spotted Kaden rising. He stood in the middle of a crater while Memphis stood on a nearby building looking down on Lilith's and Elyiah's daughter.

Not here. Iris thought. Her face showed both fear and worry. Not like this.

Kariah-Belle wasn't moving. She just laid there. Even as her friends shook her. Master knights and officer knights defended her and her friends while trying to protect the barrier, Mar-Gin included. Divine knights had their hands full with vympiri using mana powered weapons and mature vympiri while battling evilbarers.

Death claimed lives on both sides.

She bit her bottom lip in frustration. Darkness Tamers could control evilbarers to an extent depending on how powerful they were. Memphis was extremely so.

Then, Memphis's body began to emit black mana. He raised his arm at Kariah-Belle and her friends.

Mar-Gin and Kaden rushed him, both moving at near vanishing speed. Together, they successfully stopped Memphis's attack. However, Mar-Gin made a mistake that could've cost him his life.

The dragon-like creature whipped its tail and struck Mar-Gin. Luckily, the retired knight was able to create iron backed by his mana skeleton across his torso. Still, the attack was so powerful that the iron completely broke apart. Mar-Gin would feel like he'd been hit by a rocket as he was sent through a large statue of King Vermilion.