Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Second Task

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or Harry Potter. All rights are reserved to their respective owners Rick Riordan and J.K Rowling.

AN: Sorry that this chapter took so long, I have been extremely busy lately, hopefully I'm back to updating on a regular basis. I also appreciated all the PM's and reviews I've been receiving.  Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 13

Second Task

Time was an interesting reality for Percy. He had never had much luck when dealing with time, seconds would become minutes, minutes would become hours, hours would become days, basically any way it went…it always went fast.

The time between the first tasks ending and the second tasks beginning were no different, time went by so fast he barely had time to prepare, or so it seemed. Spending days cooped up in the library with your extremely hot girlfriend more often than not led to other things than studying.

Not that he necessarily minded, it was all welcome, but he had been slacking on his main mission. What was supposedly the most important thing he came to Hogwarts for? Protecting Harry. Not that he hadn't been looking out for him, but rather he had been more focused on other things than to realize he didn't know how Harry was doing faring.

He had seen him do well on the first task; he would even go as far as to say extremely well. Besting a dragon was no small feat, and besting a dragon as a fourth year wizard was even more impressive. That being said, it was a very dangerous feat, foolhardy even. Trying to outfly a dragon was dangerous for anyone, anything. They were natural flyers, born for the air.

That being said, it had been several months since his first day attending Hogwarts, and he was glad to say that he had made friends that he worried over. But he realized that this wasn't what he was here for, Percy realized that the end was nearing and he needed to prepare Harry for the final battle.

It wouldn't be sweet; the training would be anything but. He figured calling it brutal would be a better adjective, and that was still a polite term for what he had in mind. He needed to give Harry the best chance possible to defeat Voldemort, and tripping jinxes and stinging hexes weren't going to accomplish anything.

He needed Harry to gain the live or die mindset. Spells like expelliarmus are useful when dealing with friendly opponents, but when dealing with death eaters they were way too mild and easily defended. He didn't want Harry robbed of the same innocence that he once had, but at the end of the day did they really have a choice?

Voldemort was a serious threat, and he wouldn't go away because he had been disarmed. The thought was almost laughable, the man had lost a body due to a infant for god's sake! If you can come back from that and still demand fear and respect from civilians and followers alike you had to be powerful.

Making up his mind Percy briskly walked through the castle in search of Harry. It wouldn't be hard to find him. He was usually hanging around the same people, in the same parts of the castle. But now, he was pretty certain that he would be with Hermione.

Weaving in and out of people as fast as he could, he made it to the empty classroom they used to try out new spells. His patron goddesses had informed him of its location earlier that day, and he was curious.

It was the Friday evening of the week before the second event, and the task would begin the next Sunday. He knew that Harry was no doubt studying. Classes were still going on, but he figured that Harry still had to be preparing. He smiled slightly at Katie as she ran by. He had become very close to her lately. Mainly because of her peaceful nature.