Lost Hope (One-shot)

The sun's radiant rays went through the curtains and blinds. A beautiful day has come and a new day means a new start, a start for something good that will bring a better tomorrow. It's a good thing for everybody, but it's not the same with one person. She was lying on her hospital bed. Her long flowing auburn hair swayed with the wind, and her deep blue eyes stared at something but her mind seemed to be blank. A few minutes later, a guy clad in white came in and talked to her.

"Ava, how are you feeling?" asked the guy.

"I would be lying if I said I'm okay." answered Ava.

"What are you so bummed about?"

"Seth, did you come here to tease me?"

"'Course not. Sis, chill okay?"

"I'm not going back to school anymore." stated Ava which surprised Seth very much.

Was he hearing right? Her sister who loves school so much doesn't want to go to school anymore? Was he dreaming?

"I'm sorry?" he asked one more time to double check.

"I'm not going back to school anymore."

"Why not? And even if you say that, you're going back. Your classmates are excited to see you."

"It's useless..." muttered Ava to herself.

The door flew open revealing the doctor and the nurse. Before they talked to Ava, they approached Seth first. They told him some things; Ava just lied down on the bed curious of what they were talking about. After their chat, Seth, the doctor and the nurse went to Ava to bring her the good news.

"Congratulations Ms. Ryans, you are now officially discharged from this hospital." announced the doctor.

After the announcement, Seth and Ava left the hospital and they both headed home. Ava rested for the remaining time. The minute she woke up the next morning, she saw a guy looking at her and once her vision cleared she saw her brother, Seth.

"Wake up sleepyhead or else you're gonna be late."

"I'm up! Get out!" commanded Ava.

As soon as she finished taking a bath and changing into her school uniform, Seth gave her breakfast then after that, he drove her to school.

"Okay sis, good luck. Pick you up later, bye!" Seth stated then he sped off.

Ava entered the school and while she walked, going to the principal's office, she heard a lot of whispers and murmurs and she even received icy glares. Upon arriving in the principal's office, the principal told her that she may continue studying in the same class she was in. Right after the bell rang, Ava was already in front of her classroom but she waited for their homeroom teacher to come in before she did.

"Ava, you're back!" exclaimed some of her classmates.

"Welcome back Ava." the whole class welcomed her with open arms.

"Thanks for the welcome." Ava said as she walked to her seat.

***

AVA...

Everything seems so different now. I feel like I'm an alien who came to this place. My friends seem to not be my friends anymore. My classmates who had been so close to me seem to be so distant. And all of this is because I was admitted in the hospital for 3 whole months. I know it's surprising but you see, I was born with a weak heart. Every time I have seizures, they bring me in and out of the hospital. Now, I'm out of the hospital but it's just a matter of time before I go back inside. My sickness can't be easily cured. My parents tried to save me, but all their efforts failed and then they gave up on me after that. Seth is my big brother, he was and is always there for me no matter what happens. He's the best brother in the whole wide world. It's just so sad to think that I am going to miss a lot of things...