Letters To Liam

Hey guys! Thanks for choosing this story to read! I really hope you enjoy it. Please comment/vote and fan! 

XOXO

Charlotte

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chapter One

It was the forth time I looked in the mirror this morning. I wanted everything to be perfect. My hair, my make up, my outfit, everything. It was the last day of school. And my friends and I decided to wear our best casual looking clothes, wear our hairs in sloppy buns and then wear silver jewelry. 

Summer was finally here. I am a Senior, graduating high school and going to Camberwell College of Arts in London. And as some sort of "preparation", as my parents like to call it, our family is going to London for the summer. But I think it's just an excuse for my mother to go to the glorious city of England. She  always wanted to go and walk to streets, drink coffee and have lunch in the cute little cafes. 

I was a dancer, a hip hop and ballet dancer. It was my passion. So I hopped to make a career out of it by going to London to pursue my dreams. My friends were of course a little bummed out, but I promised them we'd keep in touch. 

Sammy was my best friend. She stuck with me through my bitchy moments and my ranting sessions. She supported me through break ups and new relationships. So, I couldn't allow us lose contact. I promised to write her everyday and Skype her.

Finally convincing myself that my black shorts, pink blouse and sloppy bun was worthy enough to go to school. I pranced down stairs, gave my father a kiss on the forehead, hugged my mom tightly and slapped the back of my brothers head. He reached out to grab me but I lurched away and grabbed an apple. "Be home soon!" I called as I left the house.

Jimmy, my older brother, goes to a community college called College of Dupage. He enrolled in a University here in the states, though, so he will be going there this year. My parents were more proud of his decision, because he wasn't leaving the country. But I was actually eager to leave. Pronto. 

When I got to school, Sammy nearly jumped me as she linked arms with me. "I only have one week with you, Claire. So, be prepared to be overwhelmed with Sammy's company!" She squealed. I chuckled, taking in her outfit. She wore a small, white shirt and a purple blouse. It made her hazel eyes stand out fiercly while her brown hair cascaded down her shoulders and framed her face. She was only an inch shorter than me but she was much prettier. She had faded freckles on her cheekbones and nose. 

"Already excited for it." I whispered. Sammy giggled and lead me to our first class. We sat in the front, chatting about London and some how, she got talking about some hot celebrities. Then she told me I had to look our for Adele cause she was from London, same with One Direction-who currently live there now. 

I made a mental note of it. If I see Adele, Sammy will be the first to know. Because she'll most likely jump on a plane and fly out to see me. Or well, Adele.

A guy named Jameson sat next to me and thumped my shoulder. "Yo, Carson." He grumbled. I rolled my head over to look at him, giving him a bored expression. James was the quaterback of the football team. The "most attractive guy in school". Oh shoot me. 

"What?" I murmured with zero interest with what he has to say to me.

"There's a party Saturday at my house. You should come." He volunteered. I looked over at Sammy who rolled her eyes and shrugged.

"I can't. I'm going to London for the summer." I tried to look apologetic but I most likely failed at that. In all honesty, I didn't leave for London until Monday. But I seriously do not want to go to this party or even do anything so big and celebratic before my flight. It's a depressing moment, knowing I won't be with my friends for three months. Then a few years after that. No party. 

James didn't seemed to really care. He turned and faced the from of the class. Then the teacher walked in and handed all of us a small piece of paper. I looked down at it, arching a eyebrow when I saw it was an address in London. 

"Okay, since it's our last day, I've decided we do something fun. I went on Mapquest and selected random addresses from all around the world. I just gave you one. You will write to this person, and hopefully you'll get a letter back." The teacher said and I thought it actually sounded fun. So I pulled out a piece of paper and quickly began to scribble down words. 

'Dear Stranger,

I was told I have to write you. Do not think I'm some sort of creep. Cause I'm not.

This is a school assignment from my teacher. 

I'm writing you as a curious girl who will be moving to London soon. I was wondering what it was like there.

You don't have to write me back.

I can see why you would think this letter is extremely creepy and awkward. 

So, don't worry about having to write me back.

Feel free to throw this letter into the fire. 

Well, anyways, I hope you enjoyed my annoying babbling!

Love, Someone.'

I folded the paper up and shoved it in an envelope my teacher gave me. I jotted down the address, stamped it and then licked it close. Then I shoved it in my backpack, extremely curious to see if this person was actually ever going to respond to me. 

Sammy finished quickly and nudged me with her elbow.

"I wonder if mines a boy." She winked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Oh good lord. My best friend has her hormones raging right now. 

"Don't get your hopes up Sammy." I joked. She stucked her tongue out at me and I gave her a wide grin, waiting for the period to be over.

As Sammy said, I too was curious if my secret sombody was a boy. Would he be attractive? Or would he be old and gray and wrinkley? Maybe it's a girl. Whatever I don't care. It's just a lame assignment. I probably won't even get a letter back!