Three Years Later

Your P.O.V

You dashed through the woods, hobbling as fast as you could after Xena.

When a satyr found a daughter of Zeus, Chiron had sent you and Will to help bring her to camp before the attracted too many monsters. The plan had been simple; find Xena, get her out, return to camp.

That was before two Aetheopian drakons had found you.

Now both Will and the satyr were dead. If it hadn't been for Will, you would've been too. With his dying breath, he had healed the majority of your wounds.

But as you struggled to reach the safety of Camp Half-Blood, you felt helpless. The feet of the drakons pounded on the forest floor behind you, screeching to one another in the dark.

And poor Xena. She'd only known she'd been a demigod for a week or so, and had already been through so much. Even now, you could see her terrified blue eyes looking over her shoulder, making sure she was still ahead of the monsters hunting her.

"Just a little further!" You encouraged. A drakon snapped at your back, forcing you to dive sideways.

You pushed your feelings of apprehension and fear toward them. Your powers from her father, Apollo, had become much stronger the longer you'd been at camp. You'd learned how to share your emotions with others without touching them.

The drakons hesitated, screeching in their raspy voices. Dazed, you stumbled toward safety.

As the boundaries of the camp came into view, the edges of your vision began to blur.

"Xena!" You called. "Right here! Run!" The terrified girl nodded and broke into a sprint. The drakons charged after her.

It was at that moment you knew...you didn't have the strength to save yourself, but you could still save Xena.

Drawing an arrow from the quiver on your back, you took careful aim and shot at one of the drakons. The top bounced harmlessly off the beast's armor. Cursing, you drew your short sword and charged them. I just need to buy Xena some time.

Leaping in between the young demigod and the monsters, you raised her glowing weapon. The next minute was a frenzy of slashing as the drakons tried to kill you. Eventually, you retreated, having only killed one monster. The other one, though wounded, ran after you.

Barely, you crossed the boundary and collapsed, your chest heaving.

"(Y/n)!" Xena yelped, kneeling next to you. You struggled to focus on her face...blonde hair pulled into a messy ponytail, bright blue eyes beneath the dirt on her face from being on the run. Even her expression reminded you of him.

"You look just like him." You whispered. You could feel the blood from your many wounds staining your clothes.

"Who?" Xena sobbed. "Just like who?"

"Jason." You told her.

"Who's that?" Unable to muster enough words to explain, you gave Xena your feelings of anguish that still haunted you whenever you thought of him. "Oh." The girl said, lowering her gaze. "I'm sorry." You shook your head, gasping for breath. Your vision began to fade out.

"Stay with me!" Xena begged.

Then her voice disappeared in the wind.

--------------

When you came to again, you stood in a boat. Your clothes were gone, replaced by a gray robe. The River Styx flowed around you.

I'm dead. You realized.

The boat pulled ashore. Being both dead and ADHD, you couldn't really follow what was happening until you found yourself standing in front of three judges.

"An excellent life." One of them said. "She died saving a younger demigod. Very noble."

"Elysium for sure." Another said. The other two nodded in agreement.

If you'd still been alive, your heart would've been racing. You stepped through the intricate gates of Elysium, the hero's paradise. Your gaze swept over the villas and fields and gazebos until you saw a face you would recognize anywhere.

"Jason!" You cried, running toward him, flinging yourself into his arms. He wrapped you in a tight hug.

"How long has it been since I died?" Jason asked.

"Three years, two months, and five days, at least since I died." Jason shook his head sadly.

"You died too young."

"I saved your half-sister. It was worth it." Jason looked into your eyes.

"I have no clue how much I missed you." He said.

"I think I have an idea."

The End.