Chapter 6

Constantin and Natalya shifted into their wolves for the first time to face the threat on the pack. Natalya was scolding herself for not running border patrol this morning. She was locked up inside an office. She let her defenses down and this was the results. Her beautiful dark gray fur brushed up against Constantin's light gray fur.

In that brief moment, they both risked a glance at each other. The bond was like static electricity that seemed to flare to life even more in their wolf forms. Natalya blinked to break the eye contact before launching her wolf at the nearest opponent—taking it down easily. Two others raced towards Constantin and tried to weigh him down by the odds.

Natalya wanted to run after him but was caught up when the last one snapped his jaw on her shoulders. She growled and whipped her head towards the wolf that attacked her. She latched onto his shoulders and swiped her paw on his side. He whimpered as she dug into his skin with her claws.

She needed to keep one alive.

She knew she had the upper hand as the one before her was lowering his body to the ground. She refuse to let go of his neck. He was losing blood quickly to lose consciousness but not enough to kill him. She had to make sure she was doing this correctly. He whimpered louder and before Natalya knew it a wolf body slammed into her side. She flew a few yards and hit a tree.

Her body crumpled on impact. She let out a whine of pain which caught the attention of Constantin. He snarled and worked harder in ridding of the overly large wolf that was fighting him. The wolf trotted up to Natalya and bit into her shoulder this time to kill. She whined even more in pain and tried to push off the ground but pain shot through her side. She must have broken a rib. She fell back onto the ground.

She could feel the wolf's canine digging into her neck, deep and excruciating pain shot through her body.

She was going to die to an idiot wolf. If she was in her human form she would be laughing her ass off to her own dilemma. She prided herself in fighting. Goddess, what will Maksim and her father think of her now? And she had only just met Constantin.

Constantin...

No.

No, this will not happen.

Something snapped inside of her. It was like a wall that came falling down and something dark that she had kept hidden away came out. She snarled furiously and pushed off from the ground. Her teeth aimed straight at wolf that was trying to kill her.

In a fleeting move, she latched her jaw on her target just where she wanted. She clamped her teeth down hard on his skin, breaking it before pulling as hard as she can. Tearing his throat completely. He fell down onto the ground limp.

She ran towards Constantin and other wolf where she launched herself at the unknown wolf. She snarled and ripped through that wolf like he was a meal. She took pleasure in the blood that splattered all over the ground. Her wolf purred with victory. She was still ripping through his body even when he was dead until she felt a hand on her back.

Instantly, warmth spread through her body. Her wolf and her recognized that touch. They knew who it was even without looking. Her gaze dropped down to the now ripped apart wolf underneath her paws. She felt terror seeped through her veins. She killed this wolf savagely even when he was dead she tore through his body.

She felt like vomiting. Her stomach churned and immediately she shifted. She cried out in pain the minute she was in her human form. Her ribs were broken. Her side was throbbing with agonizing pain. She doubled over and gagged.

Immediately, Constantin fell beside her. He wrapped her up in his arms uncaring that they were both naked. He pulled her close to his body and examined her. When his hand ran over her ribs she cried out again.