Chapter 4

Friends?

That son of a --- Siddharth didn't even bother replying to any of my messages. I should have known after few attempts in desperation, that he was like any other pretty boy. A pretty boy who will choose the type of girls he will want to chat with. Yes, the hypocrite type. Even if he looked fine and I couldn't stop picturing his charming face in my mind, his snooty behaviour put me off for good.

On the other hand, his brother Ishaan was quite distinct. I added him up on MSN the other day and we started chatting. At first I didn't assume he would chat with a random girl like me. But he did, I guess it's easier for boys to start any kind of conversations with girls, unlike the other way round. I was glad he was responsive enough to the sets of typical questions I was posting to him. I didn't really know what to say, I merely recollect anything Nisha used to gush about him. So when I really ran out of ideas on how to converse with him, I resulted in the most boring question.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: So, what is your ambition?

Can I get any lamer than that?

Viper17: I always wanted to be a pilot, an Air Force Pilot.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: Oh! nice!

I lied. How so boringly boyish can this boy be?

Viper17: Its my dream since young, I am getting my private flight licence now, at the youth flying club.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: Oh!

Wait, what? He is getting a freaking private plane license, at the age of what? 17? That came off guard, I didn't know Nisha's relative were well-off people. As if he was reading my mind through the computer screen.

Viper17: My parents are very supportive of my dreams. So, I studied hard and got the admission in college to major in aeronautical engineering.

This guy should be some kind of a smartass. I know to get into that course you have to score well in mathematics and physics. The both subject I heartily despise, how could anyone like those subjects. My stomach only churns thinking about it. At that moment I can visualize Nisha in her high-pitched tone saying, 'he is a genius', 'so smart' and what not crap.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: That sounds like a real deal Ishaan!

Viper17: What about you?

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: I want to become a director. You know making films?

Viper17: Making movies?

What was that suppose to mean? I didn't really like his doubtful response.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: Yes, like writing stories, shooting videos and editing it.

It felt like I am explaining to my parents who still doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand about my passion.

Viper17: That sounds interesting. Tell me more.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: I have been dreaming of majoring in film studies. I have been working towards it. During my free time I do freelance work with production companies. I do short films and write short stories for now.

Viper17: That's great. You are getting exposure and experience even before entering into college. Not many people will do what you are doing. You should be really proud of yourself.

Livefree.Dieproud.Havefun.Playloud: Thank you. :)

Viper17: You must let me watch one of your films one day (: