Chapter 2 ~ First Taste of Blood

Chapter 2

I finally found the staircase in this hallway full of doors and the secrets they hold behind them. I walked downstairs and the décor down here was different than upstairs there was a big flat screen TV hanging off one of the walls while the other wall was a crystal sliding door leading to a lush green forest, in front of the TV were black leather sofas and a bookcase near the TV and an awesome stereo system beneath it. I walked through an open doorway leading into what looked like a kitchen with black marble countertops and white specks engraved into it the cabinets were a dark mahogany, the dining room had a beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling and in the center was a big enough table for a big family. I wonder who lives here, I heard talking coming from a hallway off the corner from the kitchen I know it sounds stupid but I followed the voices down the hall to black door, they really need to modernized they're décor. I stuck my ear to the door I know it sounds childish but I wanted to know what they were talking about without them knowing I was here, while I was listening the door opens up and I fall flat on my face.

"Look who has decided to join us"

I looked up to find the owner of the voice and saw the pale blonde man from the night before I got here; I scrambled to my feet backed up into the wall.

"What's the matter?" he looked at me with a questioning look.

"You...you brought me here, you kidnapped me, and you took me from my house"

He put a finger to my lips telling me to be quiet, "I will answer all your questions just come into my study and take a seat"

I hesitantly walked in and took a seat.

"Lydia, Ryan can you give us some privacy"

Lydia, the blonde I saw upstairs, just scoffed and walked out I think she doesn't like me, Ryan, the brunette, hesitantly left through the door giving me one last look. The tall pale blonde man closed the door and sat down behind his desk.

"I'm pretty sure you have a lot of questions"

I just nodded. He leaned into his chair and just sat there like he was waiting for something.

"Who are you?"

"Me? Well i'm max owner of this beautiful abode"

"Why am I here? Why did you kidnap me from my house? Where am i?"

"Whoa whoa one question at a time...umm may I ask what your name is?"

"Aaron"

"Unique name. well Aaron you are here because you have become something special, I think the word kidnap is too strong a word let's say I borrowed you for awhile, and you are in the middle of nowhere in specific there is a town just a few miles away"

"What do you mean something special? And you just can't 'borrow' someone i'm not some object u can borrow"

"I will explain that in awhile and yes I am sorry for the incorrect use of the word"

He seemed too polite I don't think I could fight with this guy.

"What did you mean by special anyways?"

"I think it's better to be direct than going in circles, you my dear Aaron have entered the world of vampires"

I didn't and I wouldn't believe that, "it's not true they don't exist"

"Aaron we do exist and you are one of us"

"No no no" I kept repeating it over and over again.

I walked out of his study not believing one word he said I need to get back home. I walked out into the living room where I crashed into a rather hard chest. I would've fallen flat on my ass if it wasn't for two strong arms that wrapped around me.