A Goodbye Letter to My Ex-Boyfriend

He asked me how I got those scars and I didn't know how to tell him that I ripped you from my bones piece by piece only to watch you seep me into my veins like the poison you are. I guess I should tell him that I've been in love with you since the first time your lips met mine. And when he kisses me it's merely a fire cracker compared to the explosive fireworks that erupted in my skin the first time I saw you. The worst part about falling in love at a young age is I'm comparing everyone to you. He told me he loved me after 4 days and I laughed he was heart broken when I broke up with him and I'm still laughing because if you can fall in love with me before knowing my baggage, my secrets and my heart then you are not worth my time. It took you 3 months to ask me to be your girlfriend and 6 months to tell me you loved me, on August 15, 2016 you rode your bike to my house because I stormed out of yours after you spat those hateful words in my direction and punched the wall 3 inches from my face you busted through the door and told me to never leave you again because you loved me. You told me you loved me. I fell in love with you on September 4, 2016 my birthday was in 13 days and you told me that no matter what you would never leave me you held me while I cried because my mom and I were fighting and I told you I loved you for the first time. We were together for a year, 2 months and 13 days and I am extremely upset that I remember that. This is supposed to be a goodbye letter, not an I miss you letter so I'm sorry that I hurt you but you hurt me so much more, on June 17, 2017 I texted you saying I missed you and I wanted a second chance. You offered me a second chance the day before and I asked to think and I thought. I kissed you in your car before you dropped me off and told me you loved me for the last time.   But, as I was typing out I miss you. A friend texts me saying you've gotten a new girlfriend.  I spent the rest of the summer missing you. And I've spent too much time missing you. So goodbye. I am ready to be over you. I am ready to fall in love with someone who loves me. I'm ready to sleep through the night without dreaming of your arms. I am ready to forget the dates that have been burned into my brain. I am ready to rip you from my skin and live with the scars. I am ready to be sober of your poison. This is my goodbye.