Part One: The Meeting

Riddle's POV:

From where I stood I spotted her. The one that called my name. My legs walked as she sat at a table. Her eyes looked up from her yellow note pad and spoke.

" So what made you come over here and sit down across from me, with a hot mug in your hand?"

I looked at her with a grin.

" When you sit in a cafe like we are now, what do you hear?"

She paused and listen.

"People making coffee?"

I let out a short chuckle, she was close.

"It has nothing to do with the mouth but yet it does."

My eyes intently watched as she said it twice, and wrote it down. Her cloud colored hand put the pencil to her mouth. Her eyes sparked.

"You came here to talk?"

I simply nodded my head confirming her answer. He lips form a smile. A hidden shock arose within me.

"About what?" She continued.

I wish my answers could be simple but that freedom I do not have.  

My eyes depend and I lean forward, answering her reply.

"My ears heard a voice, one that came from you, to the pouring boy behind a counter. It's a question, a question I have knowledge of...but I won't give it to you easily."

Breaking our locked eyes, she turns and takes out book from her hemp bag. I knew her questions but I knew something else too. Something I didn't want to share. My breath was silent as I suck in air to prepare myself. When she looked up again, I smiled.

"As you can tell, I know that you speak in riddles. So in the simplest way possible tell me your name?"

. I took another breath and replied.

"You may know I speak in twisted words but you do not know why? The last word of my past sentence is the reason you came here. And that answer I do not wish to share, with that in mind please reading the following backwards."

I took the pencil from her hand, and the her note pad and wrote: "once I know your name, you shall know mine." backwards.

My face lit up with amusement as my eyes watched her attempt to decode what I wrote. Her intelligence is profound. She took the last word of the sentence and rewrote it as the first within minutes. Her body shook as she let out a laugh when her brain processed the words.

" That is a clever way to stall my friend. The name is Jana." She said with a smile.

After a brief pause, my arm reached up and I took off my poor boys hat and laid it over my heart. With a grin on my face and a spark in her heart I told her my name.

"A lovely name for a lovely girl. I shall keep to my promise and tell you my name.  It starts with R and ends in iddle".

Letting out a bigger laugh than the one before she proceeds to write what I said down.

"Your name is suiting for the way you talk. Now why do you speak in riddles, and please be as clear as you can? I am here to do a story on you for the Local Newspaper. I want people to see the real you, so they can stop fearing you."

Her kindness made my hand warms.

"Peoples fear of me is what keeps their distance, protecting them. I shall warn you now it would be wise to do the same."

A spark lit her eyes again, and I could tell she was debating it.

Her body language said the opposite of what I asked.

I knew there was no way I could not answer her questions, so I made her a promise instead.

"The Sun and Moon appear every night and day, it has been an unspoken promise that has been kept for centuries. Why I speak in riddles is an answer that I do not want to give, so I shall promise you this: We shall meet at my place  tonight plus 3 the same, then you shall have your answer. Our promise might not be unspoken but it a promise I shall keep."

She was stunned at my words, and did not reply...but the smile in her eyes said an unspoken "yes".

The pleasure I felt with in me soon disappeared when I remembered that I was hiding from something that I couldn't  stop, but only out run. Now she has to run it with me.

.....

So I decided to Update this finally. PLEASE VOTE, SHARE and COMMENT if you enjoy this. The dedication I am making at random I have had a lot of support from people here on Wattpad and on my old Inkpop account. This has been my one passion as long as I can remember so I am glad to be finallly rewriting it and sharing with you guys. IF YOU WANT MORE PLEASE TELL ME! Thanks! VERY IMPORTANT...IGNORE THE OTHER CHAPTERS UNTIL I HAVE UPDATED THEM!:D