~Chapter 1~

Sitting in the car with my mother was worse than watching Nightmare on Elm Street. Scrap that, it was like I was in the movie myself. My mother didn’t spare a glance at me so I focused my gaze out the window watching different shades of brown and green pass in a flicker.

“Tree...Tree...Another Tree”

“Enough Taylor” My mother hissed.

“Oh look!” I exaggerated, pointing out the windshield “It’s a...bigger tree”

“Taylor” She snapped, glaring at me and turning the radio up to “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen and started singing along, avoiding looking at me, yet again. I and My mother used to have a close relationship; we would often go to the park every Saturday then go to my uncle’s ice cream parlour just down the road. It was your typical mother-daughter relationship, but that all changed within a month. How time flies eh?

An hour and a half later we approached a small town; it looked completely deserted as though no one actually lived there. It reminded me of this movie I once watched where  a group of kids move to this town which is completely deserted and about 5 minutes later they find the town is actually descended with Zombie’s and they are the only ones left. I think I was now in that situation, and I had my mother to protect me...yay!

A couple more blocks and the University came view, it was modern to say the least, and was surrounded by big black gates, protective much? My mother pulled up and talked to the man sitting in a big shed placed just before the gates and they opened up slowly. My mum said her thanks and started driving, following the turn into the car park.

 There were several cars parked which surprised me, many were cheap and tatty but there was a few at the very end of the car park glistening all in their glory, there were two sleek BMW’s, a  motorbike, and sat tightly in the corner was a blood red porshe. I felt my jaw hit the floor.

I jumped out the car quicker than you could say “bell bopper” and raced to the rear end of the car, popped the boot and lifted one of my suitcases out onto the ground, my mum joined me and grabbed the other suitcase and my duffel bag and shut the boot, and we turned around...and were lost already.

“Can I help you?” a voice appeared, breaking the silence. I turned and looked to see a petite girl around 5foot 2 stroll over, she had piercing red hair and was wearing a green strap top, with jeans that were ripped at the knees with some white sneakers. She gave a small smile as she stood in front of us.

“Yeah, I’m looking for the dorm rooms?” I asked.

“I’ll show you where they are, would you like me to take the bags for you Mam?” she asked glancing at the suitcase and duffel bag my mum was holding.

My mother handed the girl my bags. “Oh yes please dear, I best be making a move, be on your best behaviour, no drugs, alcohol or smoking. I’m expecting you’re usual grades” she ordered and stormed off to the front of the car and got in. We moved out the way as she reversed and drove off. Nice! I thought, not even a goodbye!

I turned around to the girl stood next to me and held out my hand “Sorry, I’m Taylor”

She took my hand and shook it, smiling “Sasha. Come on, I’ll show you you’re room.” She turned on her heel and off towards a building on the far side, so I followed in pursuit.

“So...who are the people to dodge the bullet around here?”

She chuckled and shook her head “Well there’s the queen bee. So I’ll start with her avoid her at all costs even if you’re dying out bleeding , she’ll just push the dagger in further. So avoid. You’ll most likely find her with the rich kids and around campus. So just look for hot jocks and there’s the girl”. She chuckled “You’re safe in the science department; it will blow her ego to be caught in there.”