Chapter 7- Ross.

Chapter 7

I woke up feeling like I never even gotten a lick of sleep last night. I was so exhausted that I didn't care about straightening my hair. At least my hair wasn't too over the top poofy today. I got dressed in my black scrub pants and a blue polo work shirt and I donned on mascara and eyeliner and headed out the door. Vincient was sitting on the floor typing away on his blackberry phone.

"Off to work?" He asks, putting his phone away.

"Where else would I be going?" I asked back, turning away from him to lock the door.

"I don't know. Maybe you're going out to hunt penguins." He said with a laugh. I looked at him like he just grew two heads. When did he get a sense of humor?

"Wha? ....Really? ...Penguin hunting in Ohio?" I asked.

"It may happen." He said shrugging.

"Yea, while I'm doing that I might as well try to ride a polar bear wearing a cowboy hat doing the Macarena," I said sarcastically.

"That sounds like fun," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well I need to go to work. Have fun stalking me," I said heading towards my car.

"I won't," I heard him say behind me.

I got into my Chevy and drove the short distance to work. The weekends weren't as bad as the weekdays since parents usually had the weekends off. A few parents have weekend jobs, which meant they need daycare for the weekend. Luckily this daycare is opened weekends. I usually work all day because these days were so easy, and I didn't have to worry about school. Today, there were only four infants in my room to watch over.

I greeted the parents with my normal fake smile and got an update on their children's lives. One of the infant boys, named Logan, had an ear infection and I was supposed to give him some antibiotics every 5 hours with ear drops. Luckily, all the other children were healthy and had no need of medications.

I like the weekends also because I have more time to play with and teach the babies gross and fine motor skills along with speech. One of them, named Casey, is very close to learning how to walk. Next month is her birthday, which means she will be moving up to Infant II, which is the age group 1 year to 18 months. I always miss them so much when they move up. At least I get to see them when I pass their new room on my way to lunch every day.

The rest of the day went by smoothly with no complications, fortunately. The parents came in, I talked to them about what happened that day, they left with their child, and then I cleaned and disinfected the room and toys. I shut off the lights after giving the room a second glance to make sure everything was in order, signed out, then locked my room door.

Outside was dark with a bright full moon. It lit up the night making it easier to find my car, which wasn't really that hard anyways since I had the only car in the parking lot. Once I got to my car, a sudden fear came over me and I felt like there was a weird unknown presence behind me. I probably jumped a foot when I turned around to find a man only just a foot away from me, staring intently into my eyes. He had long brown hair and icy blue eyes that reminded me in Vincient. He adorned on black dress pants and a buttoned up shirt with a red tie with the sleeves rolled up. He had a handsome pale face and was tall and well built.

With no hesitation, he quickly wrapped his hand around my small fragile neck.

"Now, why would my brother be following you? A weak pathetic little human?" he asks, curiosity set into his eyes as he tilted his head, examining me closely.

Oh, now I can see the resemblance. How could I miss that, they have the same exact eyes and facial features. Man, I'm getting bad at figuring thing out.