Chapter Five

I smiled warmly, exiting the car and walking with the super sexy boy to my house and the inhabitants inside.

    “W-William will probably be nice and Alex might be a bit...tough. And my brothers...they could do anything really. I apologize in advance and completely understand if you want to turn back now.” I told him, my hand on the doorknob. I was suddenly acutely aware of the imperfectness of my house. It was nowhere near as nice as Landon's.

    “Nope. I'm ready.” He grinned and I had no choice but to open the door. I berated myself silently for forgetting my place, even though it was the best place in the world to me.

    “Dad?” I asked loudly as we entered my wonderful home of chaos. Astrid had his music on loudly (of course), Kerstin was watching a movie, Melvin and Riel were playing video games, I couldn't see Orchid and my dads were at the table discussing something. It sounded like a zoo full of hungry creatures.

    “Leo! Where were you? I missed you!” Melvin shouted, running and pulling me into a hug. Then he noticed Landon. “Holy fucking shit dad!” He yelled, pulling me away from Landon quickly. “Leo brought a boy home!”

    “A sexy boy.” Kerstin corrected, giving Landon a once-over. Or more like a thrice-over.

    “Boys! How many times must I tell you not to use that language when we have guests. You'll scare them off.” William frowned, putting out his hand for Landon to shake. “Hello. I'm William, Leo's dad.”

    Landon smiled and shook his hand. “It's an honour to make your acquaintance Mr. Watson. Leo was telling me you're an author and I've really been looking forward to meeting you.”

    “Oh, thank you.” William smiled. “Do you like writing then?”

    “Yes, very much.” Landon nodded.

    Alex scowled like a child, not even offering his hand. “And I'm Alex, her other dad.”

    William sighed, turning away from Landon. “Alex, I've told you this countless times. You're not the 'other dad' you're 'also a dad'.”

    Alex nodded, a humourous glint in his eyes. “Right. I'm also Leo's dad, Watson. Alex Watson.”

    My brothers chuckled and Landon smiled. “It's very nice to meet you Alex. I'm Land, Leo's friend.”

    “Friend or boyfriend?” Riel asked.

    “Are you gay?” Kerstin asked.

    “Of course he isn't. That'd be too amazing.” Melvin sighed.

    “Bi then?” Kerstin smiled hopefully.

    “I believe I'm straight, but I haven't really pursued any thoughts that I might be otherwise.” Landon laughed.

    “Well we could go...figure it out in my bedroom if you want.” Melvin said, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

    Landon grinned. “Thank you but I think I'll pass for now.” He was taking this really well considering Melvin wasn't joking. Maybe he didn't know.

    “Alright. Well just let me know when you want to.” Melvin said before turning back to the game.

    “Please forgive my children, they're a bit...different.” William said.

    “Of course. I rather enjoy it though, so no worries.” Landon laughed.

    Alex grinned at me. “Look at that Leo! A boy who meets your family and says he enjoys them. Not to mention he is good looking. I think you've found a keeper.”