Zombie apocalypse

We had been sleeping out on this boat for about a month now; it felt as if we were the only ones left. Me, my friend Tamara and my other friend Sophie were all trying to survive this zombie apocalypse which we knew was going to happen, therefore all those days and nights of constant researching were finally paying up. People told us we were daft that were just making things up; now we can laugh in their faces (after we shoot them for trying to eat our brains). It was my turn on lookout and already I was getting extremely tired but I only had to stay awake for another hour. Nothing was happening, the quiet breeze and the soft crashing of the waves along the side of the boat created a calm atmosphere. Suddenly in the distance I saw a heard of them coming up towards the boat because we had drifted to close to shore and we were in walking distance from them.

 I jumped on Sophie, grabbing my pistol, putting it in my holster, screaming at everyone to awaken. Sophie went out and had a look and they were getting progressively smarter, they were learning how to swim. Tamara tried starting up the boat but nothing was happening. Sophie got her bow and arrow and was shooting them off one by one. I started shooting them but with a pistol the distance wasn’t a good advantage. Sophie jumped in the water. Tamara looked at her not knowing what she was doing although the only thing on Sophie’s mind was sacrifice. While screaming at Sophie to get back on the boat Tamara finally got it working but we couldn’t leave without her. The zombies were getting closer. So I jumped of and pulled her back on the boat. The boat started to leave before I got aboard so I jumped knowing if I missed I was dead but it was also my only chance for survival. Everything went dark. I didn’t know whether I had survived and just bumped my head or I was getting eaten alive. I couldn’t see and the only thing I could hear was the little voice inside my head…

Later when I awoke there were clouds in the sky and birds flying round, everything seemed bliss. As I sat up there lay Sophie lifeless, like no-one was home. Shaking her didn’t seem to wake her up, I started to think the worst when Tamara came over and explained she had jumped in front of me as I was about to get bitten but she also killed the zombie at the same time but unfortunately she had sustained a nasty gash on her head. For endless days I then sat with Sophie protecting her by her side, never leaving; providing her with food and water even if she didn’t want them. She was willing to give her life for me so I was more than happy to sacrifice mine for her.

 Tamara had left me and Sophie alone for the first time in years, we needed more supplies.  As Tamara left I heard the groan of zombies and I was alone with no weapon and an unconscious body. I knew this was the end and I was outnumbered, there was at least 15 of them so I just stood there hoping they would eat me rather than Sophie. The loud bang of a shot gun made me reopen my eyes, as I looked behind me Sophie was there stood up with a shotgun in her hands and an evil look in her eyes and the only thing she said was “THIS IS WAR!” …     

when i looked at sophie i noticed something different, i couldnt quite tell exactly what it was but there deffinatly was something different!....THATS IT!! when sophie got bitten by the zombie she didnt quite turn into a zombie because wearwolves dont turn into a zombie she became a hybrid, a new thing, 'the future'. she was different but in a good way. she was stronger than she has ever been has the wolf instincts and was immune to the zombies. i closed my eyes curled up in a ball and listened to the constants bullets blasting out listening to her using mag after mag of bullets. tamara heard the gun and droped everything and came running back, when she finally reterned there was a heard of zombies laying dead on the floor, i was still curled up crying and sophie just walked off to the boat and threw the used guns away. beacsue she was part zombie she had no emotions and didnt care about anyone anymore...

the boat had no use to us anymore so we grabbed our gear and walked inland, we tried staying away from cities to avoid hordes of zombies but sometimes its just impossible. me and tamar lead sophie to the other side of the country where we hit the docks and there met a young lad called adam, an army reject or just another survivor. when we met him sophies eyes looked almost human again, as if she felt something but it was hidden to deep to be brought back to life. adam thought he recognised sophie but not anymore he didnt, this wasnt the same sophie he once fell in love with, she changed. we all knew about sophie and adam but we pretended we didnt...

when we hit the next city sophie split us up to make it easier to search for food so she sent me and tamara towards a small corner shop, she sent adam to the car park and she went inside a large supermarket. adam searched cars for anything that could be useful and he was just searching about the 6th car when he heard a groan. not a good sound. he grabbed his gun and loaded it up and he saw a couple of zombies come from behind a car, he shot them dead. then he turned around and a couple more, again he shot them dead aswell. but then everytime he would turn around more and more zombies would apear but then he needed to reload and they were getting faster. he locked himself in a car to reload but they found the car. they were banging and groaning and slowly cracking the windows. about 50 plus zombies on this one car and adam felt pretty safe until.......