Chapter 9

Aulieha's POV (Bet you didn't see that coming)

My mouth was open as I watch Gloria walk out of the room. Whats her problem? I mean yeah, I have been talking about Ben for an hour now, but she shouldn't get that upset. Shes been acting odd towards me since I came back from Starbucks, I wonder why. I shrug it off and start texting Ben.

Ben😚- Hey Luihea, I need to telk you something.

LuiheaLove♥️- What's up Benny?

Ben😚- I have a girlfriend you whore. So don't talk to me again.

I stare at the text as I start crying.  I let out a small sob then a big and continuous one. Suddenly, I feel someone sit next to me. I look over and see Gloria, looking concerned.

"Aulieha? What's wrong?"

"B-Ben just told me, I-Im a whore and h-he has a g-girlfriend."

With every word I shake and cry harder till I'm a sobbing mess. I feel warm arms around me and I realize Gloria's hugging me. I feel a weird tinge in my heart as I hug back and bury my face in her chest.

"I-I just want s-someone to l-like me...

"That would be enough..."

~~~~~~

That was a week ago and Im still trying figure what happened to my heart. It's weird, after that my heart would beat slightly faster and I would turn pink in the face softly. I still don't know what's wrong with me. Currently, I'm at my grandma's house in the guest bedroom. I'm laying in my bed, my curls spread around me, as I think about what's wrong with me. I suddenly think of something. 'Do I have a crush on Gloria?' That's ridiculous! My face turns bright red at the thought. She's my sista from anotha mista- I can't like her. But, it would explain my odd behaviour. I sigh deeply as I cover my face with my hands.

' How can I say no to this?....'