Chapter Two

"Mom! I'm home! And I have a guest!" I yell once I stepped inside our lovely home.   

"In the kitchen!" She answered back. We both went to the kitchen and see my mom cooking.   

"Mom, this is Zayn." I gesture towards the British boy.  

She turns around and smiles as soon as she see him standing beside me. "Why hello," she walks over to us and shakes Zayn's hand, "I'm Mary. Nice to meet you."   

Zayn greets her with a smile. "Zayn."   

My mom gestured for us to sit and wait, and that's what we did. "Well, I'm guessing by your accent that you're not from here," she joked.   

"No way! I didn't even notice!" I said, earning a playful glare at me from my mom while Zayn let out a small chuckle.   

"Why don't you two go to her room while I prepare dinner?" she asked. I nod and gestured for Zayn to come with me.  

We walked down the hall to my room. Since it's only me and my mom, our house is only one story with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a kitchen. Yeah, we don't have a living room since we don't usually have people come over. We both go inside and I immediately turn my T.V. "You can put your bag here. And you can lay down on my bed for now. Here's the remote, I'll be right back."   

I walk out the room without waiting for a reply. I went straight to the kitchen and see my mom standing next to the stove.  

"Mom, Zayn will be staying with us for a while." I said. I walked over the fridge, looking for something to eat.  

"Why? He doesn't have a place to stay? What is he doing here anyway? I thought he was an international popstar?" Yeah, my mom knows them because of me. I made her watch all their videos just for the sake of it.  

"I don't know too. It seems like he lost his memory. I think we need to take him to the doctor." I said finally meeting my mother's gaze, "Can he sleep in Carlo's room? I mean, you do clean that everyday, right?"  

She smiles and nods. I take an apple out and go back to my room. I found Zayn laying down on my bed watching T.V. as I told him to. "Hey," I paused taking a bite of my apple. Weird, it feels like I'm eating myself. "My mom said you can stay as long as you want. And you can crash in my brother's room."   

He looks at me and smiles. "Thank you very much. I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for you," he said.   

I smiled at him. I walk over to my study table and settle my apple down. I look over where the magazines are at and took them all out. I carried them over to my bed and laid them out.

"These are all the magazines that has you and your bandmates. Since, I think, you lost your memory, you should at least know who you are." He nods and takes one magazine. "By the way, you're going to the doctor tomorrow, I think. Just to check on you if you hit your head or something."

 "Okay." He looked up from the magazine and stared at me. "Are you coming?"  

I smiled. "Can't. I have school tomorrow."  

"Oh, okay. Your mom's okay with everything?"  

"Yeah." I take a magazine and re-read it. I see him nod at the corner of my eye. He looks kind of worried. I laugh to myself and forgot that he was a popstar. He probably thinks that we're going to kidnap him or something. "Don't worry, Zayn. We're not kidnapping you or something," I chuckled.   

"How'd you know I was thinking of that?"   

I raised my eyebrow at him. I was right. "I'm just that awesome. So calm your butt down and think of this as a vacation....for now." He still looks doubtful but he got over it soon.  

"Guys! Dinner's ready!" I hear my mom yell out from the kitchen. I put the magazine down and wait for Zayn to get up. We both walk back to the kitchen. We were having mashed potatoes and chicken with broccoli. We eat quietly, having small conversations and complimenting Mom's food.   

"Zayn, you don't mind going to the doctor with me tomorrow?" Mom asked.   

"Actually, I'm thankful that you guys are taking care of me. I really do need to see the doctor. I don't even remember my family." He said looking down to his food.  

"Aw, darling. Don't worry! From now on, you are part of this family too!" Mom was a little bit excited. I guess she just missed having boys in the house. Since Dad's always in a business trip and my brother is somewhere out there.   

"Thank you very much, Mrs.-"  

"Ah, no. Call me Mom while you're at it!" My mom cut off Zayn. I look over at Zayn.   

He smiled at my mom. "Thank you, Mom." I smiled at the two of them talking in front of me.   

"Well, does this mean that I can't get married to you?" I joked.   

We all laughed and just enjoyed our dinner. I looked back at my mom and Zayn. Well, surely this house will be alive sooner or later. I smiled to myself and continued eating my food.

VOTE & COMMENT :) THANKS!