Chapter One

"Sectumsempra," Harry exclaims, slashing his wand through the air.

Draco's body contacts. He body hits the tiled floor with a soft thud. Blood pools around his body, seeping from the giant gash in his chest.

Moaning Myrtle screams in horror, flying off through the bathroom walls to escape the potential murder scene. Somewhere else in Hogwarts, Professor Snape's unbreakable vow burns drawing him to the bathroom. He appears promptly and starts to chant the healing counter.  Once Draco is stable, he orders Harry to stay before carrying Draco off to the hospital wing.

Snape mutters under his breath, "Ostende Graviditate", pointing his wand at Draco's limp body. The wand emits a soft green glow illuminating Draco's blood-stained torso.  The crimson red contrasts with the emerald silk lining in his robe. His lean frame looks feeble, almost anemic from blood loss. 

     *****     *****     *****     *****     *****     *****     *****     *****      *****     *****     *****     *****

Upon returning to the bathroom, he finds Harry in a state of shock. Snape decides to perform Legilimens, hoping that Harry is too vulnerable to defend his thoughts. "Where did you learn that spell, Potter?" Professor Snape demands.

Despite Harry's shock and limited occlumency skill, all Snape could see in his mind was a worn potions textbook.  "Go, get your textbooks Potter, and hurry," Professor Snape continues to order.

With a feeling Professor Snape saw the potion book in his mind, why else would he have asked. Harry rushes to the Gryffindor tower, fetches Ron's books and hides the half-blood Prince's potion book within the room of requirement.

Promptly, Harry returns to the scowling Professor Snape, who upon checking the books knows that they don't belong to Harry as they are all-worn and second hand despite the wealth in the Potter family. 

Professor Snape begins, "Detention, Potter, how does every Saturday until the term ends sound?" and then he continues before Harry has a chance to reply, "Excellent, so it's settled." Before marching off with his cape billowing behind him.

Harry, left in a daze, tries to persuade Moaning Myrtle that she can stop screaming. By the time he made it to the Gryffindor Common Room his head was pounding. Upon seeing an irritated Hermione, who rises to her feet and crosses her arms, and a curious looking Ron, Harry almost wished he was back in the bathroom calming Myrtle. Hermione rapidly fires questions at him, "Where have you been? Why did you need Ron's potion books? Where are your books? Have you heard what happened to Draco? Did you eat?"

"Hermione,  breathe, I can't answer all the questions at once. How about I just tell you what happened?" Harry replied, running a hand through his messy hair.

Tilting her head, Hermione indicated for him to sit down.

 In response, Harry shook his head, "It would be best if we could discuss in private, without fear of us being overheard."

"Room of Requirement?" Ron questions.

Whack, Hermione's hand bounces off his head, "Don't be so silly, Ron. There could be students there at any moment training for the D.A., even with us having the Marauder's Map to check if it's clear when we arrive. Moaning Myrtle's bathroom would work so much better," she says.

Harry let's out a sigh. Hermione is right, but he's unsure as to how another encounter with Myrtle would go today. Oblivious to Harry's turmoil, Hermione heads towards the Portrait hole, looking over her shoulder she sees neither boy has moved.

 "Well, aren't we going?" she enquires.

Standing up, Ron mutters an apology to Harry, "Sorry, she's worried about you, probably didn't help that she asked when the last time I saw you was and I told her it was when you borrowed my potion book, especially as you know how unique your normal copy is."