The Story of the Odd Eyed Injured Girl

George eyed the still unnamed girl as she scarfed back two Cornish pasties and a goblet of pumpkin juice.

"You're going to make yourself sick," Ron said.

Harry laughed at him. "Ron you eat everything that way."

"Explains his personality.." she said through a mouthful.

George and Harry roared with laughter as Ron turned pink.

"I like her, she's funny," Harry said as he recovered.

"So who are you girlie?" Ron asked.

"To you, I'm Meredy."  she said as she finished off the pumpkin juice.

"Meredy? Just Meredy?" George asked. "By the hair we'd think you were a Tonks. So what is your last name?"

"The same as my brothers."

"Which is?"

She looked at them sheepishly as her hair turned a bright hot pink. "Longbottom."

They gaped at her, this gorgeous girl.. And her brother was.. "Neville!" they said in unison. She nodded fast and got excited again. "You know my brother!" she cried

They nodded in reply. And all fell silent. Meredy studied their faces individually as they did hers. Finally, Harry spoke up. "I apologize, Meredy. But you see, well, we never knew Neville had a sister. Could you please, if you feel up to it, tell us your story? To help us understand."

"He never mentioned me? Even once..?" she said solemnly. Harry shook his head. Her hair turned a sad color of blue as she pondered telling her story to them. At last, she nodded. "Okay here you go." She eased herself back into a sitting position and looked at them as she shook control back into her body, and ceasing the color changes.

"When my parents had their.. Mishap with Bellatrix Lestrange, they sent me and Neville to my grandmother. But Gran is quite a loon and they didn't think she could handle us both, seeing as how she could hardly tell us apart anyway. Or remember my name. I was 'the rainbow trout,' when she spoke of me to other old women. But it wasn't my fault I couldn't control my Metamorphmagus at the time. I was so young. Anyway, they sent me to live with my aunt and uncle and their rotten daughter. Uncle was proud of me when I was accepted to Beaxbatons, especially since his own child was a Squib. But I long craved to be back with my twin.." At that Ron cut her off.

"Twin?? To Neville?? Bloody-" George kicked him in the shin. "Damn, Ron. Listen! I understand," George said sadly.

Meredy looked at him curiously but put it aside and returned to her story. "Well yeah.  Anyway, I heard news that Neville was at Hogwarts during my fourth year so, being top of my class, they agreed to let me go with the older girls to watch, not take part in, the Triwizard Tournament. I searched everywhere for him, but the older girls wanted me to stay close,and I didn't have much time to myself. But one time, only once, I saw him. From afar. It was the end of the Yule Ball and once my date had left I spent the night talking away with a.. Gryffindor I believe he called himself. Anyways at the end of the Ball I saw one last couple. A red-haired girl dancing with the boy who must've been my brother. I ran to him, but stopped dead. Realizing I may ruin his moment with the girl. And the last thing I wanted was for him to loathe me. I never got another chance." Meredy stopped a moment to clear the catch in her throat, and to absorb their reactions. Harry's face read pity, like the usual. Ron's read that he cared enough to look interested, but if there were something else to do, that's where he'd be. George looked like.. Like... Like he understood. Meredy had to wonder, did he? She cleared her throat and continued. "Once I left Beaxbatons, I started traveling. Digging for any word on my brother or where he was now. After about two years I decided I needed to move on. But, just hours ago, I was at a pub in a small village. Then I overheard six or seven ol' blokes talking about Harry Potter and his friends. I knew Neville had taken part in the Great War and killed a snake of Voldemort's so I figured maybe he was a part of that. Maybe you'd know where he was. So I asked, but they were quite drunk and had other motives. They chased me and tried having their way with me, but I Disapparated at the last moment and one threw a knife at me. I knew about the Burrow through, so I came here. Last thing I remember was a tall red headed guy, saving me from the doorstep." she looked at George. "Must've been you." George returned her smile as he blushed and nodded.

"So do you know where my brother may be?" Meredy asked after a short moment.

They smiled and Harry replied, "On the other side of the hill. With his fiancé and soon to be father-in-law."