Chapter nine

5 seconds later there is another knock at the door. 

"Go away!" I shout at the door.

They knock again.

"Piss off!" 

They knock again.

I get off my bed, stalk over to the door and scream "LEAVE ME ALONE"

I try to slam the door again, but a foot is lodged in between the door and door frame. 

I trump back to my bed, flop onto it and bury my face in the pillows.

I groan again and defeatedly ask "What do you want?"

"We need your help. There has been a demon break out, and the Clave wants every able bodied shadowhunter and selected downworlders out on patrol" The one I presume is Alec, cause there are no new faces left.

"No thanks. I don't feel like doing the Clave any favours at the moment. And I would appreciate if you left me and my neighbors alone"

"Simon and Jordan are friends of ours" Clary says.

"Why does that not surprise me?" I reply. "I'm not helping the Clave with anything, But if I do happen to cross any rogue demons I'll be sure to take care of them for you"

"Please Kyla, we would never have survived that Rayall demon with out your help" Clary says. Jace glares at her."Well it true, and it seems that I'm the only one willing to admit it. Please Kyla, we could really use your help" 

It was like being begged by an adorable puppy.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine. I'll help but you owe me big time" Clary's face light up. "Give me a few minutes to get my stuff together"