Chapter Sixteen: Learning and Teaching

I don't own Harry Potter; I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

Harry let loose a few chuckles once he made it to the bottom of the stairs and leaned against the stone guardian as he caught his breath.

"Enjoyed that did you?" said Snape right behind him, and it took everything Harry had not to jump before turning around.

"Yes I do believe I did," Harry answered cheekily. Snape nodded his head in exasperation although a small twitch of his lips told Harry he was fighting off amusement.

"Get out of here brat," Snape said waving him off.

"Sir, yes, sir," Harry said before racing off down the hallway leaving the resident dungeon bat fighting a grin.

Harry made his way out side and towards the black lake, before sitting down and pulling out his potions book. He lay there for a little over an hour before he spotted Nasta making his way over to him.

"Nasta," he greeted.

"King Harry," Nasta greeted back as he sat down. "Penelope spoke to me only a small while ago. It seems that with their old King permanently out of the running several older Ravenclaws wish to take the throne. I am unsure as to whether that will occur tonight or at a later date but it would seem Redsmith is aiding them as the rule permit it." Harry nodded thoughtfully as he put his potions book and his notes away.

"I won't have the element of surprise this time, nor will they underestimate me not with Claus advising them. We need information but if we use a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin they will be instantly suspected as one of ours. The lions have no subtlety but the Weasely twins might do business, I'd rather not use them for something of such... delicate maneuverings however. We need a badger. Tell me what do you think I could offer the badgers for their aid?" Harry asked.

"I would have to be something that helps the majority, considering the way they run their house. We could call for a meeting I do believe they've voted a fourth year as their spokesperson," Nasta said.

"Go, get me a meeting with their spokesperson and his or her advisors, have them meet me an hour before dinner at the portrait of Barnabus the Barmy on the seventh floor. Make sure Nott and Malfoy are there as well. Actually just grab Nott I'll get Malfoy," said Harry.

"What are you going to offer them?" Nasta asked.

"Protection, for the first years only but still its lots," said Harry. Nasta nodded and hurried off as Harry rose from the ground and brushed himself off. Draco was playing Snap with Theo and Crabbe when Harry got back to the common room.

"Draco?" Harry called as he walked towards his room.

"My King?" Draco asked. Harry made a motion for him to follow. Draco quickly rose and hurried over entering Harry's room as Harry held to door open for him. Draco fidgeted nervously as Harry closed the door behind them.

"Relax Draco," said Harry moving towards the alcove by the window. "Come, sit with me," Harry continued settling himself and rearranging a few cushions as he leaned back. Draco hid his nervousness better as he settled himself on the seat as well.

"What was it you wished of me my King?" Draco asked. Harry fought the urge to sigh.

"When we are in private you may call me Harry, Draco," Harry said.

"Thank-you Harry," said Draco stiffly, the only sign that he was still nervous. Harry mentally called out for Hogwarts to get a house elf to bring them some tea and biscuits. A small pop sounded and Draco flinched slightly. A small house elf set a silver tray with tea, cream, sugar and biscuits in between the two boys.

"I is Dinky, Master King, Hogwarts be's assignin' me's to take care of you Master King," Dinky said politely somewhat subdued in comparison to other house elves Harry had met. Harry mentally thanked Hogwarts in his mind for the elf and felt a loving brush across the connection.

"Tea Draco?" Harry asked as he began pouring them some of the fragrant tea.

"Cream and sugar please," Draco answered and gratefully wrapped his long fingered hands around the cup when it was handed to him. Harry took a sip as he rearranged his legs one leg crossed ankle over knee.

"Draco I called you here today because I wish to give you a position on my court," Harry began and Draco's eyes widened. "However as a first year that is a lot of responsibility and I wish to ensure that you not only understand what you will be doing."

"I will learn everything I must," Draco said eagerly and Harry smiled.

"Unofficially you will be prince in Slytherin while I am holding court in Ravenclaw. However since you are only a first year I have taken the liberty to appoint sixth year Caleb Nott into the position, and you will be shadowing him until he graduates so that you understand exactly what I need. Tonight you will both be attending the Ravenclaw court with me as well as negotiations with Hufflepuff if Nasta manages to set up a meeting before dinner," said Harry.

"Thank-you for this honor," Draco said.

"Don't disappoint me. Now go, I or Nasta will alert you if the Hufflepuffs agree to a meet," said Harry. With all the proper decorum required of a Malfoy Draco exited the room, but Harry could see the excitement vibrating just under his skin. With that done Lucius Malfoy who was most likely already curious would have an 'in' to Harry, or so it would seem as Harry would be utilizing that same pathway back to the Malfoys and if he played it just right he'd be getting much more than they would.

Harry sighed as he rose slowly stretching himself out working out kinks and cracking his neck. He wandered over to his bed dipping into his trunk on the way to pull out two note books. If the Hufflepuffs agreed to do surveillance for him they couldn't meet often for fear of their enemies finding out. He was going to twist the protean charm that his father and Sirius had utilized on their hand mirrors from the last timeline and make it so one could write to whoever had the other book. He sighed once more and pulled out a piece of loose parchment. The runes part of it he would find easy, simulating, but easy, but the Arithmacy to twist the spell. He suppressed a shudder, best get to work he thought.