Epilogue

Photo above is a cover for this book.

Thank you for the nice cover @_EllaMay_.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ELLA

(2 years later. Christmas Eve.)

I stood in the kitchen, warming up some hot chocolate for myself as I was waiting for Christian to come home.

He had been gone all day. He left early in the morning and it was already 10:00pm.

I sighed, taking a sip from the cup of hot chocolate.

I felt a little sad that Christian wasn't here.

After all, it's Christmas Eve.

He should be here with me, not out there doing God knows what.

I rested my back against the counter, staring out the window.

I found myself thinking of what Christian could be doing or where he could be.

I had no idea.

I set the cup down on the counter and glanced out the window.

Snow was falling down from the sky, covering the ground in a beautiful, white layer of snow.

I smiled a little at the sight, my smile, however, soon fading as I remembered the fact that the love of my life isn't here now and I don't even know where he is.

I shook my head and walked out of the kitchen, throwing myself on the couch in the living room.

I was exhausted and slightly disappointed.

I mean, I had hoped Christian would have been here today. I wanted to spend today with him, seeing as tomorrow we would have a family dinner over at my mother's house.

But, he hadn't been home all day.

I ended up laying on the couch for another couple of hours, completely forgetting about the cup of hot chocolate in the kitchen. I kept my eyes focused on the clock on the wall that was ticking, every minute by slowly.

I couldn't believe Christian would do this to me, leave me alone on Christmas Eve.

What kind of boyfriend does this?

Is he cheating on me?

I shook my head at that thought.

Christian would never do that.

He wouldn't cheat on me. He loves me.

I need to stop being like this. I need to trust Christian.

I sighed, glancing at the front door that was still shut.

Like it had been all day.

Then, I took another glance at the clock.

1:30am.

Christian was still gone.

I felt tears build up in my eyes as I just laid there, unable to move.

I felt so betrayed right now.

So hurt.

But mostly, I felt worried because I don't even know where Christian was.

I closed my eyes, feeling even more tired than I did before. I probably should get some sleep.

Christian probably wouldn't even be home anytime soon.