2- I'm a mess

I blush still not capable of speaking. It's really embarrassing.

Seeing my face turn into brighter and brighter shades of red, Edward asks me if I'm all right and suggests we go inside. I walk in and start shaking, I'm so embarrassment.

I walk down a short hallway then discover a big lounge. In front of me there is a massive glass wall showing the garden. There's a big sofa in the left hand corner with a coffee table and a massive flat screen.

The stainless steel kitchen is separated from the living room with a bar, where a pile of empty beer bottle lays and to the right there is a stair case.

Edward invites me to sit on a stool by the bar. By the time I get there, ma pace slowed by my staring at the luxury home, he takes a big bin bag and quickly puts all the empty beer bottles in it. Then he offers me a drink.

"Just some water thanks" I say surprise to hear the sound of my voice.

After handing me my drink he sits opposite me with a suspicious look in his eyes and asks me if I am 'one those'.

Not understanding, I say, "No I am not 'one of those' "

Immediately, the worry on his face disappears and he smiles at me. He waits patiently as I finish my drink and I explain why I turned up at his house.

His attitude reminds me of the man's in the tube, but he's not looking at me the same way, I feel more like he's enjoying my presence.

It's really weird but I feel good in his company. My class is finally empty, I will have to speak now...

"So... In fact,..." I start "I found... err... A wallet in the lift the over day... err... I think it could be yours"

"Yeah, it could be. I lost it yesterday" he answers with a big smile.

His friendliness calms be down a bit, but also sets of a thew alarm bells in my head. I ignore them.

"I should have it in my bag..."

I start looking through my bag, pushing random stuff out of the way. Mascara, lipcil, phone, an old book that I never finished, a bar of chocolate, a tiny cushion -where the hell did I get that ? Oh well, at least it's cute... It should be here somewhere! Please don't tell me I forgot it! Please!

After a little more rummaging through my bag I give in. Not in bag. Don't have it! Great! How stupid can I get ?

I try to explain the situation, not wanting him to get angry. But weirdly he just keeps smiling. Either he's a psycho that just escaped from a mental institution or he's making fun of me. Or it could be both. Maybe I need an escape plan ?

"Doesn't matter, you can come by tomorrow and drop it off"

I must have a seriously scary look right now, I'm so chocked he said I could come round again, because he burst out laughing.

Maybe he's not mental, just making fun of me. Maybe I am the mental one.

Well we knew that!

Not finding it very nice, I frown but that only makes him laugh harder. Then, feeling embarrassed and finding the situation a bit comical, I start to laugh as well. Laughing around with him makes me feel like I have know him for years, even though he's a perfect stranger.

We finally start to calm down, replacing the laughing with silence. But not complete silence, we stare into each others eyes. Talking silently. I can see he wants me to stay longer, he doesn't want to be alone, for some mysterious reason.

I wonder what he sees in my eyes...

Suddenly he pics up his guitar, that was next to him, and starts playing. As he does so, he gets up and walks past me. Intrigued by the music I follow him.

Oh, I'm a mess right now, inside out
Searching for a sweet surrender but this is not the end
I can't work it out, how
Going through the motions, going through us

And oh, I've known it for the longest time
And all of my hopes, all of my words
Are all over written on the signs
When you're on my road walking me home
Home, home, home, home

See the flames inside my eyes
It burns so bright I wanna feel your love, no
Easy baby, maybe I'm a liar
But for tonight I wanna fall in love
Put your faith in my stomach

That's it, I know what I have been feeling since yesterday, since the lift. It's love that I feel. Love opened my heart, it tortures me but at the same time it's so soft. And it's a love that I feel will last forever. And him, that boy from the lift, the man that has just turned my life upside down, Edward, has recently been through a painful experience and finds comfort in me, as I find my over half in him.

It's hard to say all that in words, so he puts it in songs, sings them and gives them all their depths.

Whilst he was expressing his emotions through singing, he has lead me to the garden. Where we sit on the grass, next to each other, and he puts down his guitar.